Love & Passion - CARLANDO

Couple: Carlos & Lando

Year: 2018, 2020, 2021 & 2022

Basic situation: Lando's life for several years.

Teaser: *"Exactly. It's like you're hiding behind a door from me for which I have to find the key. And believe me! I will find it." *

------------------------------------------------------------

~ 2018 ~

There are many new things to be discovered here. The atmosphere around F1 is completely different than in the lower categories. There are many more people and the expectations are much higher. I'm just a reserve driver for McLaren F1 team, but I know it's only one step away to become what I've wanted to be since I was little. Racing driver. After the race, I take the headphones off me, then stand at the side of the box and lean on it as the cars return from the track. I turn my head to the left. A yellow-black Renault. With number 55. I know exactly who this car is. It's barely two meters away from me. He gets out of it and when he takes the helmet off his head and digs into his hair, even my breath is taken away. I've never been so close to him. I've never even talked to him before. He always greets me, but no matter how many times he speaks to me, I forget how to speak. He must think I'm pompous, ill-mannered guy. He notices that I'm staring at him. I felt myself blush. I don't know why I react like this and why I even look at him.

Well, because he's handsome? - this thought occurred to me. I've known for a while now that I don't really care about girls, but even more so boys. While my friends are looking at women with big breasts, I can delve into the appearance of men as someone who has been hypnotized. And since I first saw the younger Carlos Sainz, no one else's appearance has as much influence on me as his. But he must be straight. Whatever. I might still like him, can't I? It's not love, I just admit that he's very handsome.

~
~

December

"Congratulations! Next year you will be a McLaren racing driver."team principal Andreas Seidl and CEO of McLaren Racing, Zak Brown, shook my hand. I have never felt so happy as I am now. I have a dream come true and I wish it never ends.

"Thank you for the opportunity! I promise to thank you for this trust."

"We know you will be."Zak smiled at me.

"Now that you have signed your contract, it's time to get to know your teammate."Andreas got up from his chair, then gestured to my future teammate through the ajar door. My chin almost hit the floor when he appeared. He didn't seem surprised, so he must have known that I would be his teammate. I blushed as he ran his gaze over me. He smiled. I didn't even notice that we were left alone, only when he sat down on the chair next to me.

"You're Lando, right? You probably know, but I'm Carlos. I'm very happy."he looked at me. Why do I want to get out of here?

"Um...yes."I managed to force so much out of myself. Why is it difficult for me to speak around him while it is fluent for others? Why?

"Oh, it's good! I started to think you couldn't speak, even though that's not what I heard about you."

"I can. And I like to talk."

"About what for example?"

"About everything. Sometimes it's annoying for my friends."

"Well... I'm sure it won't get on my nerves. I barely heard you speak."he smiled at me. "Listen! I want us to be get along well. This is what the team's interest wishes and I myself would really like to get along well with you."