Fateful messages - CARLANDO

Couple: Carlos & Lando

Year: 2023

Basic situation: Charles is in his hotel room in Las Vegas after a drunken party and suddenly sends Lando messages to turn everything upside down.

Teaser: *I got to know the Monegasque as a nice person and it became one of the biggest disappointments of my life. What kind of person is that?!*

------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLES' POV

I think I'm drunk. Very drunk. It's four in the morning, I just got back from the party. We celebrated my second place with the team, which I was not very satisfied with. If we had done something differently, I could have been the first place. It hurt that Carlos won this year, but I didn't. Moreover, by sacrificing me for his success. Of course I let it. Sometimes I have to put the interests of the team ahead of mine. This also happened in Singapore. I played a quarterback, the role of which I played for the last laps and "handed" it to Lando. Specifically, they went back to the McLaren period. I don't even understand why Carlos is still here. I like the Spaniard, but even if it doesn't look much from the outside, he felt much better at McLaren. And I have to admit that I often think of Seb. He always provided me with advice, shared his experiences with me, but Carlos...
He just goes after his own head, sometimes he doesn't even listen to the team. It also happened to me once or twice, but this is becoming more and more common with the Spaniard. It's no wonder that they are debating a lot about cleaning up Carlos from Ferrari. I've heard that Vasseur really wants Lando, but I have a feeling that Zak won't let that happen. Moreover, not only Ferrari is interested in him, but also RedBull. Everyone wants him. The new star, right?
I think I'm as good as Lando. In fact! Much better. I'm the only one who has had bad luck many times. It improved my mood a little that Lando broke out of the race in the first laps. Let them see that I am better than him! It's probably Carlos' soul that is still pampering the little one. For what? That gay just degrades himself. Maybe I wouldn't think such things if I wasn't completely drunk, but whatever. Now that's what I think and that's it. Carlos is half fag. I managed to get this out one day because he trusts me. If he had known what I thought about him after being drunk, he certainly wouldn't have told me. I shrugged. He didn't say it, but I know he's in love with that bastard. Everyone's little Lando. The cool, funny British guy. They don't want to lick his ass? The internet is also full of Lando being the only one who can compete with Max with a good car. And where am I?
I'm much better than that damned papaya! Even Oscar won earlier than him, even if it's just a sprint race, please! Doesn't anyone remember that? I took out my mobile, then opened Instagram and entered the DMs...

WHY DIDN'T YOU DIE ON THE TRACK?

LANDO'S POV

I was lying alone in the huge bed. I couldn't sleep a wink so far, even though it was already four in the morning. It hurt me that my race ended quickly. It would have been a good feeling if I had at least reached the finish line. This inverted pig course did not win my liking even during free practice. That damned drain cover caused trouble there too. Poor Carlos could have been in more trouble. This was none of our weekends, it seems very much. I want to forget this race, but it doesn't work. My mind is constantly thinking about what I should've done better so that I wouldn't fall out. I've gotten the fuss about a lot of people, I know. They say my accident seemed much scarier from the outside, but I didn't look at it. And I won't. I would just click on it even more. My phone beeped, indicating a message. Charles. Why is he writing to me at this time? I opened it with a big sigh. I didn't want to believe that he dared to write to me. It hit me in the heart. Very much. I got to know the Monegasque as a nice person and it became one of the biggest disappointments of my life. What kind of person is that?! Or maybe someone hacked his profile?