Love Story (Lando's Version) - CARLANDO

A/N: I think Max will win the all race in 2024...

Couple: Carlos & Lando

Year: 2023 + flashbacks

Basic situation: Lando and Carlos are getting married.

Teaser: *I only saw him and he only looked at me. He didn't take his eyes off me even for a second.*

------------------------------------------------------------

I nervously adjust the white suit on me. Max Verstappen, George Russell and Alexander Albon are here with me and they are trying to deal with my frustration. I had no idea that the wedding was so stressful. Even its organization was not easy.

"He won't like me."I said.

"Lando! I think if you appeared in a garbage bag, he would still like you."Alex patted my back.

"He'll definitely look better."that's when Max looked up from his phone.

"Charlie is complaining in a message that Carlos can't stay in one place either."

"It would really be better if you sat down and took a few deep breaths."George advised.

"What if he changes his mind?"I continued to worry.

"That's impossible. Carlos loves you."

"It's good that you see it that way, George."I sighed."Are you going out, please? I would like to be alone for a while."

"Of course. Until then, we'll look at the other groom."Alex smiled at me and then all three left me alone. I sat down and closed my eyes. I saw ourselves. From the very beginning...

(December 2018, 📍McLaren Technology Center, Woking)

I'm very nervous. Today I will get to know Carlos Sainz for the first time, here in the courtroom. Of course, I already saw him last year, when I was just a reserve driver, but we didn't say a word to each other. We didn't even say hello to the other. I never even dared to look at him. He has such a mysterious appearance. Besides, I was an obsessive fan of him years ago like some idiot. It's a good thing he didn't see a single tweet of mine on Twitter. That's why I'm worried that we'll can't stand each other. I didn't dare to take notice of him, and he must have judged me so insignificant that he didn't notice my existence. Apart from his name, his age, and his career so far, I didn't know anything about him. Of course, I knew what everyone else saw. That Carlos Sainz is very handsome. I never questioned my sexual identity until I first saw him in his living in the paddock in 2018. It's honestly better than in the pictures.

"Lando!"someone shook my shoulder. It was Zak.

"Huh? Don't mad..."I fell silent as my eyes stopped at the Spaniard.

"It's okay. I think it's better if I leave you. Get to know each other! That's all I'm asking for today."McLaren's CEO left us alone. Carlos sat down on one of the chairs undisturbed, and I stared at the door alone, regretting Zak left with him.

"Landon, don't you want to sit down?"he said to me, and I sat down opposite him silently. I still didn't dare to look at him.

"Lando."I corrected quietly, staring at my hands, as if they were so interesting.

"Why don't you ever look at me? Even in the paddock, you constantly avoid my eyes and you go past me so quickly that I can't even say hello to you. And now you don't intend to honor me with your attention. But from now on you will have to take notice of me, because if you want or not I am your teammate."I looked at him. I'm really starting to believe that he makes me bisexual. How can someone look so good?