Love letter - CARLANDO

Couple: Lando & Carlos

Year: 2020

Basic situation: After the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Lando on the roof, Carlos in Lando's hotel room.

Teaser: *He knew that his heart would break if he read the love letter that was written for someone else. To a girl or another man who is not him. He had no idea that it was actually written for him, only the younger one never dared to give it to him.*

------------------------------------------------------------

Lando Norris, the driver of McLaren, kept the helmet in his hands with a message from Carlos, sitting on the roof of the hotel, spying on the stars, struggling with tears. He didn't want to believe it was really over. He didn't want to believe that they were no longer teammates. He didn't want to believe that Carlos was no longer part of the papaya team. He went to Ferrari, leaving him alone. Nothing will be the same anymore. Lando showed everyone how happy he was that the Spaniard got such a big opportunity, but his heart hurt terribly. He felt he couldn't trust any pilot like he did with Carlos, but he decided to leave him alone. The promise was made that they would be friends in the future as well and do joint programs in the same way, but Lando didn't believe the older one. He was afraid that his new teammate Charles Leclerc would take his place, and he would erase him from his life forever despite all his promises. The younger one didn't believe that Carlos was keeping his words. He trusted him, but he didn't believe that nothing would change. Because the change has already started. Lando loved the Spaniard but differently than the others. And he hated the feeling that it was like Carlos had broken up with him. They weren't even together. There was only friendship between them. But Lando had felt more than friendly love for months. He had much deeper, tender feelings for the older one. And this began to consume him. He has thought about standing in front of him many times and telling him how he feels, but he always ran away. He was afraid that the Spaniard would start to disgust him. He didn't want to lose him, but now sitting on the roof, he feels it has happened. They will no longer laugh together, smile, or even cry from time to time. He was convinced that the Spaniard would rather spend time with the Monegasque than with him. He hated Ferrari and Charles at the moment. When he sees the color red, he remembers the team from Maranello, who stole him from him. The person he is secretly in love with. He had never felt this way about anyone and was sure he would never get over Carlos. He looked at the helmet.

'To my muppet friend. Fun, fast, hardworker but most importantly, a great guy. See you on the track!'

He loved and hated this short text at the same time. He loved it because Carlos meant it only for him, he hated it, because this text indicates that the Spaniard will no longer be there to reassure him before the races that they can talk or watch memes. He knew Daniel Ricciardo would be his teammate from next season, although he could have gotten a worse driver, whom he doesn't like, but he's not Carlos. He put his hand to his eyes to see if he could make his tears disappear, but they continued to flow. He looked at the pale moon. Lando never felt so alone, lonely. He moved forward to dangle his legs. He knew he might fall, but he didn't care that much. Everything became so meaningless to him.

"He won't deal with you anymore. He won't need you. You may have been a burden to him until now. He chose Ferrari over McLaren because of you."the thought hit his head. He was even more distraught.

Meanwhile, Carlos was in Lando's hotel room. It was strange that he found the door open, but the Briton wasn't in his room. He was immediately worried. He knew that Lando was already considered an adult, since he was already 21 years old, yet he was afraid that something was seriously wrong with him. That's why he hated being in love with his former teammate. After all, the season is over. He sat down on his bed, thinking that he would wait for the Briton. He definitely wanted to talk to him. He knew Lando still thought he would leave him alone forever. He knew that no matter how much Lando tried to convince him that he was happy to receive such an offer from Ferrari, but he lied. He knew him well. He only smiled because he didn't want to hurt the Spaniard. However, he would not have been angry with him if he honestly said what he thought. But he didn't want to try him. Carlos knew that Lando was hurting that he would represent the colors of the Maranello team next season. He saw and heard him cry more than once, when the younger one thought no one saw him. He would have preferred to hug him, rock him in his arms, so that he would calm down and risk everything, he would have said that he would never leave the man who is most important to him in the world alone. That he loves him. He sighed heavily. He looked around. A couple of clothes on the floor, his suitcase open. His eyes fell on the envelope in the suitcase. The Briton was able to carry it with him for quite some time, because he was a little wrinkled on the edges.