19 ➵ unleased

Sorry for the wait. I was busy getting ready for volleyball and I had to find my brother I get my laptop back. On the Brightside, here's a new chapter. Enjoy and please don't forget to comment. Tell me what you think!

ILLUSION

[chapter nineteen]

"ARE you kidding me? Is this a joke? I have a business meeting early tomorrow! I can't stay on this shitty island any longer! You know what? I'm calling my lawyers!"

I had spent the past three hours squished up on a love seat with Zach and Gray, listening to complaining visitors yell at the poor woman at the front desk, ranting about anything they can. The man that was screaming now had serious anger issues. He was dressed in black slacks and had rolled up the sleeves of his button down white shirt. I could see his pit stains as he flung his suit jacket over his shoulder and leaned over the counter. I rolled my eyes as he threaten to contact his lawyers.

"Yeah, you and everybody, else pal," I mumbled, slouching into the couch as he stalked away.

There was nothing to do but watch everyone fan their faces from the heat. InGen mechanics were running diagnostics so the air conditioning was turned off as they checked each system. I blew a piece of my hair off of my face to distract myself from being bored.

I lazily watched Claire talk to some InGen soldiers, studying their expressions as they explain something to her. I assumed it was about the crash. Whatever caused that ferry to crash couldn't have been good.

"What do you think happened?" Gray asks, directing me. I look over at him. His face is probably as flushed as mine. It was so hot today.

I groaned, sitting up. "I don't know all of the facts to answer that," Plus it was way too hot to think straight. I look to Zach, "has anyone said anything about the crew?"

He shrugs. "I've heard as much as you have. Why, you think dinosaurs got onboard of the ship and killed everyone? Like in New York?"

I shake my head, although anything is possible when dealing with Jurassic World. "I don't know, but obviously something weird must have happened to them. And why haven't they brought anyone in to be checked out by the doctors? Was there no one on the ship or?"

I contemplate getting up. I'm too curious to just sit hear and wait for something to happen. "I'm going to go talk to Claire. Find out anything. We have a right to know, with all that we've been through."

Zach nods, knowingly. I head over to Claire just as the soldiers walk away.

"What's going on," I ask her, shoving hands in my pockets to stop them from shaking. I'm even nervous than before.

She frowns and gestures for me to follow her to the edge of the room. "They looked everywhere for the crew. The emergency life boats are missing, too"

"You think they abandoned ship?" I question. "Why would they do that? Don't they know that there are people who need help?" I growl. How could they be so selfish? Wasn't it their job to get people to and from the island? How could they just quit now?

"I don't know what happened," Claire urges, "I only know that they weren't present onboard."

I lock my jaw, flaring my nostrils. No one seems to know anything! "Do you think that I could go down and see the ship?"

She titles her head, thinking about it. "I don't know, Mari...."

"I have been through far too much today to just sit here," I hiss. All of my emotions that I kept buried were being unleased one at a time. First was anger; I was furious. I was stuck on an island where I almost died. Where my father died....