18 ➵ aftermath

Feel free to Comment and Please Enjoy!

ILLUSION

[chapter eighteen]

The lobby of Hilton Isla Nublar Resort was packed. Literally. There were people everywhere, some sitting, some standing. Most of the people were injured with minor scratches, which I was thankful for. My eyes scanned to room until they landed on a mother trying to care for her young daughter. Her face was scratched and she was bleeding form her cheek. The crying little girl couldn't have been over five years old.

"Why is everyone just gathering in here?" Zach asked, looking around the room. He had just been looked at by one of the park's doctors. He was right about it being just a sprain , but I was still worried. If something happened, he wouldn't be able to run.

This was the mindset this place put me in. My experience at Jurassic World has changed me. Whether it is for the better is a matter of opinion....

"The hotel only supports about 18% of Jurassic World's visitors because it only has 5,000 rooms," I answer, crossing my arms around myself.

He looks at me with a confused expression on his face. If I wasn't so physically and emotionally drained, I would have smiled at his cute confusion. Instead I shrug, "Its all on their website."

"Mari, Zach." Claire walks up to us and hands us rom keys. I look down at mine, realizing it was to my hotel room. I had forgotten I just arrived here today. It has really been a long day.

I turned back to all of the parents and their children. I was lucky enough to have a place to stay until the ships came in the morning. These people had no where.

"Claire, I think we should all stay in my room," I look at her," so we can give the other rooms to people who need it." I know mathematically it wouldn't be much, but I still felt like I needed to do something. This was practically my park now....

She smiles, "how selfless of you. Yeah, I'll go talk to the front desk." I nod. I wasn't looking or the praise. I was just tired and honestly, I didn't want to be separated if anything happened again.

Zach puts his arm around me and leads me to the elevators.

My hotel room had a living room area with two couches, Owen took one and Claire and Gray took the other. They fell asleep somewhat easily. I didn't.

I sat on the bed and watched how peaceful and innocent Gray looked, trying to distract myself from the thoughts racing inside my head. Its over, but my heart and brain still felt as if they were running for their lives. I couldn't get myself to calm down.

"We have a long trip tomorrow. We should get some sleep," Zach coaxes.

I glance down at him. He's propped up on his arm, resting his head against the headboard. He and I were sharing the California King sized bed. I looked down at the makeshift pillow wall was the keeping him on his side. Before we planned where everyone was going to sleep, Owen had given Zach and I the scariest death stare. He clearly did not want us anywhere near each other, but he didn't oppose the idea either. I think he feels responsible for us now.