04 ➵ tyrannosaurus

Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting on my story. And lets not forget people adding this to their reading lists! Thank you so much!

Enjoy.

ILLUSION

[chapter four]

KEEPING up with an eleven year old is way harder than it looks. They're way shorter than me and very fast. Gray wants to see everything and touch anything, I can barely run after him. My legs might be longer, but nothing beats a kid's stamina.

"Look, look," Gray shouts, pointing at one of the holographic velociraptors. It bares it's teeth as soon as Gray presses the button, it's hiss ringing out the ought the speakers. "That's so awesome!" He clicks the button once then again before running off to another station.

I don't follow him this time, resting up against one of the soundboards. I spot Zach standing all the on the other side of the Center and glare at him wishing he would actually watch his little brother. Not that I hate running after Gray, he's just very hyper and, because I'm an only child, I'm not used to taking care of children.

"Zach! Gray!"

I turn to see a woman standing on the stairs. She looks older than me but younger than my mother dressed in all white. Her vibrant, short red hair, a loud contrast to her outfit, was cut sharply and framed her face. There was a more regal air about her and the way she held herself proved that she was important. She smiled down softly at Gray as he ran towards her, wrapping his arms around her small waist.

"Aunt Claire!" he shouts, smiling up at her.

"Wow, Gray. You've gotten so big!" She exclaimed and looked up at Zach as we approached. "And Zach. Last time I saw you, you were what," she raised her arm, "this tall." She smiled wider. "Wow. That was what? Three, four years ago?"

"Seven actually, Aunt Claire," he clarified swiftly, sliding his phone into his pocket, keeping his hands there. His posture was rigid beside me and it was obvious that the woman standing in front of him was no more than a stranger. I try and get him to meet my gaze, but after he glances at me, he looks down.

Claire's smile flattened and her bright blue eyes dimmed before falling on me, widening. She quickly untangled herself from Gray and straightened. She smoothed out her skirt.

"Miss. Masrani, it's a pleasure to have you here," Claire greeted formally, sticking out her hand for me to shake.

"The pleasures all mine, Ms. Dearing," I replied and tugged a fake smile on my face.