20 ➵ discovery

Dedicated to FandomsUnite123 for being a great fan of this book and my newest story, Absolute. Thank you for commenting and always being curious as to what happens next! You overall make me feel happy! Lol!

Sorry about the long wait. Volleyball camp kicked my butt. This chapter is super long, so please vote.

Comment on anything that shocks you!

Onwards with said chapter!

ILLUSION

[chapter twenty]

"OH my gosh! What are we going to do!" I hear someone wail as I finally wake up. My head is pounding and whoever this is screaming is about to get punched. I raise my hand to my head, feeling that there is a knot there. Slowly, I open my eyes. Everything is blurred before I can see Zach's face clearly.

I look around me, rubbing my eyes. We were in the woods, which meant that whatever it was chasing us before was real. I groan.

"Mari." I glance at Zach. He puts one of his hand over mine and the other cups my chin, tilting my head up. "How are you feeling?" he asks, frowning, his eyes never leaving mine.

"'m ok," I assure him. Zach's jaw locks and I know he doesn't believe me. I try to smile, but it comes out as a grimace. His eyes narrow before he carefully presses his lips to mine. I sigh into his embrace, wrapping my arms around him.

"Um, excuse me!"

I reluctantly pull away from Zach, turning towards the voice. I forgot she was still here. She was standing with her hand on her hip, her blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. I glared at her.

"We've been sitting her waiting for you to wake up. I'm not staying her any longer with that thing out there," she cried, stomping her foot.

I ignore her and rolled my eyes and let Zach help me up. Dusting off dirt, "Where's Gray," I asked peering around the clearing.

"I'm here," I heard a small voice call. Grey came walking out from behind the trees.

"Where'd you go?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. He blushed red and I assumed he went to the bathroom.

"Now that we're all here, we should try and head back to the hotel and tell Owen what we saw." Zach and Gray nodded. But of course, little Miss. Princess had to complain.

"Excuse me, but who put you in charge?" She question placing her hand on her hip.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

She held her head up high, flipping her hair back. "I am Victoria Delilah Mason Scott. Daughter of millionaire James B. Scott, creator of-"

"I don't care," I cut her off, "it doesn't matter who's in charge, as long as we make it back alive."