03 ➵ mosasurus

Dedicated to @haylee_moore64 for being such a great and cute person. Thank you for reading my stories!

ILLUSION

[chapter three]

GRAY hops in between Zach and me, his head bobbing up and down in order to see over people's heads

GRAY hops in between Zach and me, his head bobbing up and down in order to see over people's heads. We're following Zara as she leads up to the Hilton Isla Nublar Resort. It's the only hotel of the island and as you can imagine, its quiet large and very packed. Even the entrance to try place is full if crowding people. I shift from one foot to the other as Zara leaves us to get our room keys.

"I can't wait to see everything!" I hear Gray shout before watching him take off running to the indoor gift shop, stopping to stare at the screens showing all of the islands activities. I rest my back against the wall, pulling out my phone. I quickly text my best friend Lou to tell her I have arrived, forgetting about the time zone. A shadow covered my screen and I look upcoming face to face with Zach.

"What are you doing," I ask, raising an eyebrow. What a creep! Who actually thinks they can get away with snooping over someone's shoulder.

"Texting your boyfriend?" He sneers, leaning against the opposite wall abs crossing his arms.

That's what this is about? I just met the guy, if you can call nodding at the mention of the others name 'meeting each other.' "What's it to you? It's not like who I text is your business?"

A light shade of pink travels up his cheeks making me smile. He leans away from the wall, shifting his weight on either foot nervously. "Whatever. I was just wondering." He slides his phone out of his pocket and pulls on his headphones. I hear music blast from the speakers avid I look away. He can pout all he wants, like I care.

I wall over to where I had last saw Gray and glance around d for him. I spot his curly blonde mop and stand behind him. He's watching some trainer put on a shop with the baby triceratops. I had to admit, it was adorable. I wander around the gift shop, squeezing the plush stuffed animals and poking the roaring action figures.

I look up at another screen just as my father appears. It's a video on all his accomplishments. Millionaire, entrepreneur, business man and loving father. I laugh at that last one and carry on playing with the toys.

"Miss Masrani? I have your room key." I raise my head and see a stiff Zara standing near the door as kids run every which way around her. I chuckle at the expression on her face when one of them grabs on to her leg and screams. She pats the little boy's head and shakes her leg, trying to get him off. His mom comes in and picks him up, trying to calm him down. Zara straightens out her blouse and gestures for me to follow her.

Zara shows Zach and Gray to their room first, before leading me to mine, which was located near the top floor. My room is the closest to the Hammond suite, where my father was currently staying. As I entered the room, u was greeted my floor to curling mirrors. My hazel eyes raked my face which was red from the heat.