Chapter 17

Chapter 17 

"Ok, here is what we need to do, Lucy you will go to the alpha's house with Matt and Will, they will be able to protect you, I will tell the Alpha that I've picked up your scent on the other side of the village, heading towards the humans, he won't want to risk you getting away so he should come looking for you himself.   Then I'll go get Alex and bring him to the Alpha's house, that gives us a bit of time before the alpha realises anything is wrong, he will know you have mated the instant you mate, so once that happens all bets are off, he will come for both of you.   Are we all clear on the plan?" Nodding at Jamie, I realise he is the brains of this group.  I am so worried about Alex at this stage, if only I could link with him.

"Jamie, what do we do if something goes wrong, I can't link with anyone, the Alpha will be trying to find me that way".   I'm not trained for any of this stuff, I feel so stupid asking these kind of questions but I would rather ask and look like a fool then not know what to do.

"Right, you will need to link through Will or Matt, so any message you need to get to me, just tell them, if they can't get in contact with me..... well, just run Lucy, the only reason they won't be able to be there for you is if they are dead or dying.   If that's the case, then you just run, go to the humans, stay in human form and try get out of their territory as fast as you can".

Leave? I can't just leave, I can fight.   I have faced the Alpha himself and walked away once, and I will not go anywhere without Alex.   But I simply nod at Jamie, it will be easier for him to do what he needs to do if he thinks I will run when the going gets tough.

"Come on then men, let's go get us a new alpha".   I am desperately trying not to think of what state Alex might be in, I just hold onto the fact that he is still alive and that I am coming to get him.   I don't care that we have only known each other for such a short time, or that me finding out about him has been complicated, I'm not even afraid of becoming alpha, I just need to be with him.

He is MY mate, and I'm a force to be reckoned with if you try to take what is mine. I hope the alpha knows what he has done by trying to keep us apart.   Once we are mated I will be powerful enough to destroy him for what he has done to us all these years.   My jaw is sore from how hard I'm pressing my teeth together, all my senses are heightened.   My hands are in fists.   My wolf is baring her teeth in my head, oh yeah!   We are ready for this.   Bring it on alpha.

We get down to the lake with no problems, none of us said a word on the way, these friends of Alex's are good men.  They are risking their lives to save him and protect me.   As long as everything goes to plan they shouldn't be in any danger, but anything could happen and they are still willing to die for us.

"Matt, Will, take care of her, I'll let you know as soon as I have Alex.   Be careful and stay unseen".

I walk away with Matt and Will, we get about 15 steps before I turn and run back.  I wrap my arms around Jamie  "I never got to thank you, for saving me back at the jump and for risking everything for us, I don't know how to ever repay you".   He blushes as I give him a kiss on the cheek.   I let my arms fall to my sides, and go to leave, but he is still holding onto me.   He has his hands on my upper arms, he takes a step back, still holding me and looks me up and down, uh oh, does he think ..

"He is a lucky man, I'm sorry that I stopped you searching for him back in the beginning, I thought I was protecting you when I warned you to stop looking for him. I shouldn't have stood in your way, I just couldn't watch my best friend die if you rejected him.   But you are clearly the perfect woman for him, you’ve stood by him when others would’ve left, you walk into danger to save his life.  Yes, he is a lucky man to have you by his side.   I'll bring him back for you Lucy".  so it was Jamie that warned me all those months ago, he was trying to protect me after all.  I can see Jamie and myself becoming good friends.