Chapter 14 Alex's point of view

Chapter 14 

Alex's Point of view

I'm still finding it hard to believe my mate is here with me in this house. She even seems to be enjoying herself.  She's really coming out of her shell and her alpha power gets stronger by the hour. My wolf and I couldn't be more proud of how damn strong she is, I wish my father could see her strength.  But I think he’s a lost cause.  I loved carrying her up to bed last night, it feels like I need to have her in my arms just to be able to breathe properly.  She fell asleep instantly.  Being able to watch over her while she sleeps soothes my wolf, for so long he hasn't been able to protect her. Before I could go asleep I undid her braid, I love how her hair flows and rests on the pillow, she is like an angel.  I’ll have to leave my angel and go back down to the village today, we need some supplies and I should see what the mood is like.  I have some men who are loyal to me, they can't ignore a direct order from my father, but they have sworn a blood oath to me as their future alpha.  They will be able to tell me what’s been happening.  I feel guilty being up here with my mate and not doing my duties.  I miss my pack greatly, my official duties only keep me occupied for a few hours a day, but I like to go around the pack houses and talk to my people and help them with problems.  Even before my father stopped being the alpha they deserved, I enjoyed helping my pack.  But since my father has deserted his duties to them, I try to be out there even more, I will try visiting the pack members that I can get to discreetly.

I can hear my mate stirring beside me.  "Good morning m'lady."  I lean over and kiss her temple.  She opens her eyes and turns to me.

"Good morning to you too, how long have you been awake?  Wait, it's still dark, why are we awake now?"  She looks so cute when she's all confused.

 "I am awake because I have to go to the village, you are awake because, well, I don't know.  Why don't you go back asleep, and take your time getting up today, I'll be back for breakfast ok?"  Is she nodding or snuggling into the pillow?  Either way she is already back asleep.  I climb out of the bed carefully so I don't wake her, and get dressed.  I'll have to shift halfway but I'll just throw the clothes over the jump.  I make my way out the front door and down the trail.

Jamie should be waiting at the lake for me, we have developed a sort of pack link where we are only linked for a millisecond, it’s almost impossible for us to detect, and definitely impossible for my father to track, but Jamie and I have been practicing since we were kids.  We sort of feel a buzz in our heads, I buzzed him when I woke.

We came up with the plan months ago, he knows what the buzz will mean.  I strip and throw my clothes over the jump.  After shifting, I jump the gap, once I get to the other side I shift again and get changed.  I will put a bridge over that jump once it's safe, but I'm not going to make it easy for anyone to find my Lucy, only a few people even know about this place, and even fewer know how to get here.  Jamie is one those people.  He helped me carry up all the supplies in the dead of night and helped me build the house, him, Matt and Will.  Three finer friends a wolf could not find.  I'm almost at the meeting spot.  It will be great to see Jamie again.  He is in the Alpha’s guard and he will be able to give me the most information about the alpha’s reaction to Lucy and me.  It does help that my father has no idea that we are even friends.  Jamie is not originally from our pack, he is from another pack, we have no idea which though.  He was found on the border of our territory as a pup, his now mother and father took him in.  We became friends when we were pups but when my father found out, he decided to put a stop to it, he couldn’t be sure if Jamie was from an enemy pack or if he had alpha blood, if he did he could have challenged my father or my brother or me when he came of age.  He has been old enough to challenge the alpha for years and there is no Alpha power coming from him, so my father can trust him now.  Or so he thinks.