Chapter 12

Chapter 12

He holds me tight "can I show you something before we go for a run?" I wipe the last tears from my eyes and nod. I stand up and realise how nice it felt to be in his arms. I felt safe and strong. He is looking at me. I take his hand and he brings me out the front door. We walk around the porch and then I see it. A beautiful cherry blossom, I look up at Alex. "I got my mother to help me get a clipping off the tree in our garden. She helped me grow it and when it was big enough I brought it here, for you. I wanted you to have something special up here to remind you of her. But after you were crying in the garden yesterday, I'm not sure how you feel. I didn't want to bring you for a run and have you see it if it might upset you love." Upset me? This is wonderful. Running to it and dragging Alex along with me, I see It's not as big as the one in the alphas garden but it does have some flowers on it.

"Alex, I love it. Thank you, you have done so much for me all this time and I thought horrible things about you. I'm sorry. Can we talk about the big stuff later and just not think for a while?"

Yeah the big stuff is important, I have questions that need to be answered. But this is the first time I have felt free to be myself for a long time. I'm still getting used to talking and I just want to run until I can't move. We walk back into the house and I go upstairs to shift, while Alex stays in the living room. I get to the bedroom and strip. It's funny how just a few minutes ago I was crying and now I'm so excited to be going out for a run and exploring. After shifting  into my wolf I run down the stairs, I see Alex's black wolf standing there waiting for me, I run straight for him and jump over him, haha catch me if you can Alex, and I'm gone, hmm he must know this area better than I do, but I'm fast. I look behind me, he is following alright, it would seem he is fast too. Oooh this is so fun. I jump over a bush and dash right. I'm not going to let him catch me so soon. I bet I can slide under that fallen tree and go left and come back the way I came, I slide under the tree with ease and manage to stop before Alex runs straight past me, I wait a few more seconds and then I sneak out of the bushes and start to hunt Alex. Oooh if I thought getting chased was fun this is much better, ha, he doesn't even know I'm coming after him, I wonder which way he went after the fallen tree, there are broken twigs on the ground on the other side of the tree leading to the right, I start to follow the trail, but it just stops. Hmmm. Then I hear a growl from behind me. Damn. He bluffed me. Sneaky. I run, and run, I want to get some distance between us, he still has to catch me.

 "Lucy stop, you are heading straight for a cliff" Alex has shifted into human form. Surely he’s not bluffing about this? I slow down but it's too late, I'm falling, I try grab on to something, anything, but I'm in wolf form, I shift and manage to grab a ledge and smash my body against the cliff face, oh good lord that hurts,

"LUCCCCCY?"  My whole body is stinging from the cuts all over me, I look around me. "I'm ok, kind of, I'm on a ledge." I look up, I didn't fall too far, if I can stand on the ledge I'm holding onto I should be able to climb the rest of the way. I lift my left my hand off the ledge and heave my body up and manage to get my elbow on the ledge, pulling a lot of skin from my arm in the process, it is easier to lift the other elbow up now though, but there is not a lot of room up here

"keep climbing Lucy" I look up, Alex is laying down on the cliff edge, holding both hands out to me. I swing my body all the way to the left and when it swings back the right I try put my knee on the ledge, I manage to but it slips straight back off along with my left elbow too. Oh god, I'm going to fall off a cliff. "Lucy, you climb up this cliff right now. I will not lose you to a fucking cliff, do you hear me”. I'm so tired. But that felt like an alpha command, almost automatically I pull my elbow back up  and try swing my body again, only this time, I manage to get my leg up on the ledge and then I pull the other leg up and breathe. Oh god I'm ok. I can breathe again. I have to be careful standing up or I could slip again, but with the amount of blood I'm losing from all the cuts I could faint too. Oh great fun. I go on all fours and then slowly stand up, hugging the cliff face as I do, I'm not even fully standing up straight before I am in Alex's arms. "Shhh, shhh it's ok, I have you. You're ok now love. I'm here, shh shhh".