Chapter 19

Chapter 19

do you like the new cover? it was made by my dear friend Joe, he worked so so hard on it and I love it, let me know what you think, and you can check out his other works on  www.joooe1989.tumblr.com his stuff is amazing. 

And now, enjoy the next chapter, only one more to go after this guys. thank you so much for all the reads 10,000+  that is mind blowing. You guys rock. 

Alex's point of view.

"Jamie just contacted me through the pack link, I didn't even know you two knew each other. I had tried contacting the alpha to tell him about you trying to break out but I couldn't link with him, so I contacted Jamie, he told me everything. So it's true? Lucy is your mate?" There's one more favour I can never repay to Jamie.

"It's true, she is mine and right now she needs me, I need to get to her before my father does."   I address the other guards in the room, some are in human form, some have remained in wolf form.  "I understand if you don't want to pledge allegiance to me until I am the true alpha but right now I need to leave this room, I have already spent too long here.  I will not try to order you to move out of my way, but I will ask one more time, clear a path for me and Matt, let us leave this room".  Instantly the group splits in two, leaving a large gap for me to get through, I grab Gerry's hand.  "Thank you, you have done so much for me and Lucy, I will not forget it. The alpha will know that you are no longer loyal to him, you will have to stay out of his way until I can challenge him."  Letting go of his hand I shift and move towards the door.

"Hold on, what do you want us to do?"   Damn, I'm not used to having this many people needing orders from me, I need to get going, but as these men are now my men, they deserve to know what they should do.  I shift again, I'm still not fully healed, I need to get back into wolf form soon.

Maybe I can get them to help us out but I don't want any of them in danger.   "I need time men, can you give me time?  I don't want any of you to put yourself in danger, but I need time to get to Lucy and my father will be on his way back here looking to kill us.  Can some of you split up into groups and try to locate him, contact Matt here if you see my father or Jamie.   I need the rest of you to protect the maternals and the children, my father has never hurt any of them before, but he knows I would give my life for any of them, I don't want him to use them as bait.   Just get them to stay in their homes, they will know when it's safe to come back out".   Nods are coming from around the room.   "One more thing, please don't tell them what's happening unless it's absolutely necessary.   If they find out what's been happening for the last two years they may try to take matters into their own hands, and as much as I appreciate their loyalty, I don't want blood on their hands.  Gerry you are still the head of the guard, you know your fighters best, can you organise who is going to do what?"

He makes his way over to me and grabs my shoulder.   "It will be done, now go find your mate."   I shake his hand, look out over the room full of wolves and men and try to find the words to express how much what they are doing means to me.  But I fail, so I shift and run out of the room.   I hear Matt running behind me.   We are finally going on our way.   Please be safe Lucy.

  "Alex, we should contact Will and tell him we are coming to him".

"As we are linking, the alpha can track us now, he must have been trying to track us since the fight, we need to contact Jamie too.   I'll tell Jamie what’s happening and you tell Will the new plan".

"Ok".

 I search for Jamie in my mind, I try to buzz him, but I can't connect.   I try again but it's not working.  Hmm I'll have to try a full link.  "Jamie, its Alex.”   Still nothing, I can't connect, the message isn't going through.  This is bad.   I stop running and Matt comes to a halt beside me.