Chapter 10

"Lucy, stay out of his way, let him focus on me. If I start to submit to him, that is your chance to attack him, he always thinks he is unbeatable when he feels most dominant. If he kills me, run, please just don't stop running, I will not let him keep me from protecting you anymore."

I can feel raw power and adrenaline cursing through my veins. I have been in fights before, I am treated as the omega of the pack. I get beaten up a lot, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. They both jump, father and son, they are going to collide in mid air, but the alpha has changed direction mid jump, he is coming for me, I am ready for him, I take a quick step back and as he is about to land on me, I run towards him, and slide under him, I turn to attack him again, but he is not even standing yet. He had to roll out of the attack, he turned to me and growled, he’s running at me again, I will not run, the only thing I can do is attack him back, I start running but then I see Alex's wolf running toward his father, if I can keep the alphas focus on me Alex stands a better chance of beating him. I know it’s the complete opposite to the plan, but I can't stay out of his way, he’s attacking me.

Running at him, bare my teeth and growl, he thinks I am weak, he thinks I’m a coward, I’ll show him. He jumps, I slide under him again, but this time I flip onto my back and try to scrape his belly, but there is nothing to scrape, Alex has knocked him away from me and is on top of him, they are snapping at each other. I need to get to him, I stand up and start running to them, the alpha manages to flip Alex onto his back, the alpha is overpowering him.

I slide my claws into the alpha’s back, I can feel my claws scraping against bone, he howls, and lets go of Alex, the alpha turns and is straight on top of me, I don't have a chance to get away, he opens his jaws and goes for my throat, I do the exact same thing to him, but I miss his throat and only get his shoulder blade. We both clamp down at the same time, oh god the pain is awful, but it makes me bite down harder on him. "Lucy, release his neck and get ready to roll ok, 3, 2, 1"

I let go and Alex bites down hard on the alpha, he found a better position than I did, the alpha lets go of me and I roll out from under him. The alpha can't even bite down on Alex, he has no choice. He will have to submit. He tucks his tail between his legs and stops trying to fight Alex. We have won, I don't know how we did it but we did. Alex releases his father’s throat and steps away from him, he is walking towards me, oh if I was in my human form I would throw myself into his arms. But as I'm a wolf, I settle for rubbing my snout on his. I'm so happy I feel like a pup again. The alpha, or should I say old alpha is walking to us, his head held low, his neck exposed and his tail between his legs. Alex turns to him, Declan raises his head and growls. Uh oh this is not over.

                                                                   Declan goes for me again, but Alex steps in his way, and Declan bites down on Alex's throat, Alex goes dead still, then the alpha releases him and Alex falls to the floor. There is blood everywhere, NO, ALEX NO. He must have caught the carotid artery, what do I do, he is dying, I don't know what to do, I drop down and lay beside him, Licking at his wounds, I know if we were fully mated this would help, but it’s not doing anything. Then there is something wet running down my neck, I look up, Declan has me by the scruff of the neck and he is dragging me away from Alex. I scream through the pack link "IF I LEAVE HIM, HE WILL DIE!!"

I am dragged away from him, I can feel his heart slowing down like it is my own, "NO ALEX, please don't leave me." I try to say through our link, but it is not working, Declan is taking me away and I can barely make my mate out. I scream through the pack link and push as much energy as I can into it "don't you dare die on me, I am your mate. Fight for me." I have no energy left, I think I'm going to pass out again.