Chapter 15

Lucy’s Point of view

I think I'll wear a dress today, there are so many different dresses in here.   I don't usually go for pretty, I like comfort and covering myself up, but here, I don't know, I feel different.   I pick out a nice long blue one, I put it on and it’s the perfect size.   I peek in the full length mirror, wow, I look ... lovely, I take my hair out of the braid I put in after my bath.   It somehow slipped out of its ribbon again last night.... I think my mate likes my hair down, I'm starting to like it down too, it feels ... what's the word for it?   Feminine, that’s how I feel looking in the mirror, I feel like a woman.   I love looking at the mark on my neck.   I never thought I would be mated after everything that happened, but before I lost Sakura, we would talk about it, about how it would feel.   I wish she was here now, I'd love to have someone to talk to about all of this, not that I would need to say much, she could just read my mind.   Even though she can’t be here, I love her for her final gift to me, ok she didn't know that he would turn out to be my mate, but she liked him enough and thought he was good enough to let him go on a date with me.   That speaks volumes.   "Thanks Kura”, it feels good to be able to think of her and not cry.   All this time I've had no-one, well apart from my secret helper, but I could never speak to him, I understand why now, but I was so lonely, that thinking of my best friend was too painful.   But now, I have Alex, I know I can lean on him for support.

I pick out a pair of blue flat shoes and put them on.  Everything is so comfortable here, the bed, the clothes, the towels.   He really put a lot of effort into this.   I don't know how he could have done it all without being noticed.  Surely the alpha would have been keeping an eye on him, he must have known it was only a matter of time before Alex came for me.   I hope we are safe up here.   It feels safe.   It feels like a fairytale, I feel like a princess who has been rescued by a knight in shining armour, he brought me to his castle and we are living happily ever after, but I know it can't last, the need to mate is so much more intense since we marked each other.   Once we mate, we have to go back and face the big bad world.   So I've decided that I am going to enjoy being the princess in my fairytale while I can.   I will face the big bad world head on as soon as I need too.   But until then, I'm just a woman getting to know her man.   It still seems so strange, me having a man.   On one hand, it feels absolutely right, like he has always been there and that we were always meant to be, but on the other hand I've only known him for a few days, and he seems to really love me.   I know he says he loves me and that's sweet, but I can feel his love for me, I felt it when he marked me, and I feel every time he looks at me.   See fairytale madness.

I walk downstairs and go into kitchen but Alex isn't in here, I boil some water for tea and go on a hunt for food.   After a few minutes of checking every cupboard in the place, I'm pretty sure I know where everything is, everything but the food that is.   I make a pot of tea and get two cups ready, I walk into the room off the kitchen, I haven't been in here yet.   Gotcha!   The food is all in here, I grab some bread, eggs and butter.   Poached eggs on toast? good plan.   It's strange that I haven't seen Alex since this morning when he woke up.  He said he had to get some supplies but that he would be back for breakfast.   I don't want to use a private link, just in case he is back down in our village.   I don't even know where he is.   See, this is another reason we need to mate, once we are mated we won't need to use pack links, we will just be connected.   He will be able to hear my thoughts if I open my mind to his and vice versa.   I boil a pot of water and break the eggs into it, and pour a cup of tea.   I don't like this, I don't like being here on my own, not knowing where he is.   What if the alpha found him?  What if he is injured?  I am going to kill him when he gets home, I grill some bread and set the table for two, he will come home, I just have to trust that he will come home safe.   I leave two eggs in the pot and take out the other one, put them on a plate and put a slice on toast on the side.    I sit down and wait for Alex, and wait, and wait and I'm still waiting.    Well I'm not going to let this go cold, I butter my toast and take a sip of tea and try  to stop my mind from imagining all the horrible things that could be Keeping Alex from coming back.   I dip my toast into the egg yolk and burst it, I love that sensation.   After a few minutes I'm done with breakfast and done with waiting around too.   I'm going to go for a walk.