Chapter 6, Alex's point of view

Chapter 6 

Alex's point of view

I can't stand this, I need to be with her, I need her to be ok. For too long I have been watching from the side lines. She is my mate, I will not stand back any longer, to hell with the alpha. I love her.

                                                                                I remember the day I first saw my mate, it was at my brothers mating ceremony. It was a huge party, everyone from the pack came and other packs were invited too. My brother was the next in line to be alpha. I was proud of him and happy for him. Now that he had his mate he was more powerful. It is easier to become alpha once you are mated, their power flows into you, and yours flows into them. For those with alpha blood it is even stronger. Conner had found his mate, and she was perfect for him. We would talk when she was over in the house, she made fun of my big brother, she called him her puppy dog, it was so funny. I liked her, her name was Sakura. She would tell me she had a friend that I would just love. (If only she knew) she decided to set us up on a blind date at the mating ceremony. I don't really go in for all that, but I didn't have anyone to go with, and Sakura was going to be my sister and alpha one day. I didn't want to disappoint her.

                                                                                                The party was great, it was all outdoors with tables spread with every kind of food, there were decorations made of flowers hanging from the trees, there was a band playing music, there were big tents set up, one in the middle for the guests of honour, and another for each set of parents. It was all very girly and sweet. I'm sure my brother was happy to do whatever Sakura wanted, the way he looked at her, he was smitten, as was she. When all the guests had arrived and were comfortable eating or drinking the newly mated couple walked into the centre of the group holding hands, we all applauded them. We bowed to them, then they bowed to us. That’s when I saw her, my blind date and my mate. I had to see her in human form or hear her voice to know she was my mate. She was stunning, with her long curly brown hair, she had a daisy chain for a crown. She wore a yellow dress, she looked like a goddess. I was about to go her when I Thought to myself. Maybe I shouldn’t just walk up to my mate and say hi. I would stick to the blind date plan. And stay out of site until then. The plan was to wait until Conner and Sakura made a speech and after their first dance they would find us and introduce us. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms, and dance with her, to feel her hands on me.

                                                                                 Right time to get those thoughts out of my head I thought. I had about thirty minutes to kill and my wolf was screaming in my head to go claim our mate. I have time to run to the lake if I shift and run there, so I walked away and found a place to strip and stash my clothes, in an instant my wolf had control and we were running to the lake, it was even harder to get her out of my head when I was in wolf form, he needed to go claim her, and I needed to dive into a pool of freezing water and get my thoughts on something else, fast, or I would give into my wolf. I wanted the first time she saw me to be special, I wanted to go to her and hold out my hand for a dance, she would know straight away that I was her mate. It would be a perfect moment. I reached the lake just in time, and I dived in, mid shift, my wolf didn't mind water but he drew the line at cold water. The water immediately did its job of making me forget everything, it was freezing. I started swimming to stay warm, in my head I heard my father "Alex we are under attack, where are you?" Oh crap, I got back to the edge of the water "who is attacking? How many? I’m at the lake" I shifted and started running "Rogues, 12 I think" I ran faster than I have ever run before, I got to the clearing , what I saw before me was total carnage, I tackled a Rogue to the ground before it could attack a mother and her pup, I got his throat straight away, he was gone, Attacking the dominants in a pack is one thing, they can defend themselves, but the maternals and children. That is punishable by death. I don't care who you are, you are dead.