Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

Chapter 13

I run the water in the bath and use the bubble bath this time. Was it only this morning that I was in here doing the exact same thing?  It seems like days ago, I thought time was supposed to fly when you're having fun. I think I'm still in shock. I have been marked by my mate and I have marked him. we are one step closer to being fully mated. I don't know how I feel about being fully mated though.  I mean once we are mated we will become strong enough to become the new alpha pair. I don't know what I will be like as an alpha, but I do know that I WILL take care of my pack members. Alex will be a great Alpha, he is caring and protective and he knows right from wrong. The only problem is, once we are mated we will not be able to rest until we are the alpha pair. Usually it wouldn't be a problem, the mating would take place, then the ceremony, at the ceremony the new alpha pair would challenge the current alpha pair and take over the pack. But that's not going to happen to us. I can't exactly see the Alpha throwing us a mating ceremony. We will have to mate in private and then try not to attack the alpha until we are ready to beat him. That's what scares me. I don't mind the fighting for dominance but I don't want to have to wait to do it, it could be weeks. Our pack will know once we have mated, they will feel a minor shift in power, but because the alpha doesn't want to hand over the power to us, our pack may side with him. If that happens well, we will be constantly be challenged for dominance, yes we will be powerful than we are now but not powerful enough to defend ourselves fight after fight after fight with no rest.  I have no idea what my pack think of me. I know the Alpha has managed to poison a few minds against me. I'm enjoying just spending this time with Alex, getting to know him and being able to be myself. I don't want all that pressure anytime soon. 

I check my wounds from the cliff fall, I can't believe I made it back up, there were a few ropey moments, that's for sure. All the cuts are healed up nicely now, but my body is still aching from hanging on and exerting that much energy. And then there is the other energy that was exerted, who knew it would feel like that. God, I’m blushing just thinking about it now, I knew I wanted him, from the moment I found out he was my mate if I’m honest, but I didn't think that I would ever throw myself at him like that. Turns out my wolf has some tricks up her sleeve, and when she wants something she will not be taking no for an answer. It must be part of her Alpha powers coming through.

 Right I have had a good soak now, time to get out and face the music. I step out of tub and pull the plug, I wrap a towel around me and rub myself dry, I smell of my mate, it didn't go unnoticed that the bubble bath Alex gave me was as close to his scent as you can get. The bubble bath is vanilla and sandalwood, Alex's scent is smouldering wood and vanilla. Maybe he did it because he knew his scent would soothe me and it does. I comb my hair and braid it and put in a purple ribbon. I make sure the towel is firmly wrapped around me and step into the bedroom, Alex isn't in here, my smile slips from my face, I thought he would be here, I kind of miss him already. Oh no, I am hooked. Well time to get dressed, I'll be going to bed pretty soon because I am so very tired, after dinner I think I will struggle to even make it back up the stairs to bed. So I think pjs are the only way to go, I'll throw a jumper over me to keep me warm though.

After getting dressed I go downstairs, Alex is in the living room, drinking a beer, ooh I haven't had beer in so long, I walk over to him "can I have a sip?" He passes me the bottle, and I take a swig, mmm cold and refreshing, I have missed beer.

 "Do you want one?" I nod and hand him back his bottle. "I'll go grab you one." He stands up and as he walks past me he stops and kisses me. It's like electricity dancing on my lips, all tingly and beer tasting. He carries on walking into the kitchen, the front door has been replaced with a new one, does he just keep new doors lying around? The bedroom door is still just a hole where the old door used to be and there are no pieces of the door left lying on the floor. Good, he cleans up after himself. I hear Alex coming back with the drinks, he hands me a cold bottle and I take a sip,