Chapter 20

Before you read this chapter, may I just thank you each and everyone of you who have read this story.  This is the last chapter and honestly I can't believe I have written a book, and then to have written a book that has over 10,000 reads and has had such nice things said about it is amazing.  Anyway, I know you want to get to reading, so here you go. Please Please PLEASE let me know what you think, if you enjoyed it or not etc etc.  Don't forget to read the epilogue.  Thank you for supporting me, you people are the best.  Enjoy.  happy reading ~ Jenny. 

Chapter 20

Alex's point of view

How did he find me?  He hasn't said a word yet but I know it's him standing behind me.   I'm in trouble here, I know I need  to kill him but I just don't see how I can.   I sense his power, it's coming off him in waves.   I know, once I turn around and face him, I will have to fight him, there will be no talking him down from this.   I’ll have to keep my defenses up, if he kills me, I can't protect Lucy.   I try to push down the feelings of rage, the need for revenge, I have to keep a cool head if I want to stand any chance against him.   NO, screw that, I am not going to be the level headed son he is used to, I am going to be me, one very pissed off wolf, who is next in line to be alpha and wants to rip apart anyone who would hurt his mate.   It's time for my father to face the real me, his worst nightmare.

I turn around and see my father’s black wolf pull his lips back, showing me his razor sharp teeth, he growls and I am hit by the wave of energy coming from him.   He is trying to intimidate me.   Ha, it's too late for that, he has done too much for me to ever submit to him again.   I don't even bother with a growl, I just start running at him.   He follows suit and we clash in the air, he drags his claws across my muzzel.   I yelp out in pain, and try to clamp down on his throat.   But he keeps moving, I can't latch on.   He uses his weight against me, forcing me to fall to the ground.  I roll away before he can land on me, but his claws are already raking down my back.    As I try to move away he digs them deeper into my flesh, the pain should be making me do something to make him stop, but instead it just gets me angrier.    I flip onto my back, exposing the most vunerable side of my body, but I don't care, all I see is red.    I have to kill this wolf ontop of me, he is not my father anymore, he is not my alpha, he is the only thing standing in the way of me getting to Lucy.   I bring my head up and manage to sink my teeth into his throat, but he pulls away, leaving a large chunk of his flesh and fur in my mouth.    Before I can spit it out everything stops.   I can't move, he has dug his paw into my chest.   I can't breath, evrything is going dark, I hear an angellic voice in my head.  "Where?"   Is that my Lucy?   I have failed her, I am dying.    I reply "Town square" and then I can no longer see or hear ....

 Alpha Declans Point of view

It's over, he is dead.   My only son is dead.   No, NO. What have I done?   He can't be dead, I only scratched him.  I put my ear over his mouth, but I can't hear anything.   "Who did this to my son? who did this? I'll kill them".   I have to find who did this, who would kill my son?   Why would anyone do this?   I'll kill them all, I howl in warning to my pack, I will find my sons murderer.   There is something in his mouth, fur and flesh, at least he got a piece of the bastard who did this, I can feel my own throat is healing.    I don't know how it got injured but it's stopped bleeding.   I shift into human form and pull Alex into my arms, he needs his mother here with him, where is she, can she not sense our son is dead, why would she abandon him now.    Stupid, horrid woman, she never cared for him, she never cared for any of us.   But this wasn't her doing, I must not get distracted, I need to find who did this, there is no-one around.   They must have run when I got here.  "YOU COWARDS, YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU WILL NEVER HIDE FROM ME, DO YOU HEAR ME?  NEVER."  I rock my son's body in my arms, like I used to when he was just a pup and he was afraid of something.   I stroke his fur.    He looks peaceful, I wish I could have looked on his face once more, but he will remain in his wolf form forever.   "It's ok my son, you rest now, daddy's got you".   My heart feels like it's a solid lump, I can't believe this is happening again, first Conner and now Alex, who would hate me this much to take both my sons away from me?