The Darkness

Warmth.

She was surrounded by warmth and the comfort of another. She adjusted herself in the bed that she was laying in and the other person also shifted as well. Slowly opening her eyes, she saw a man also laying in bed with her. His eyes were open and he was staring at her. His goggles were missing.

"Valerie." The man smiled. "Good morning."

Valerie moved closer to him to snuggle. She buried her face in his bare chest. "Tech, good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Even better with you next to me." Tech responded. Valerie looked up at him, propping herself up. She smiled at him. Tech grabbed the blanket and brought it up to cover her back. After he moved his hand to caress her cheek. She leaned into it. "You are so beautiful."

Valerie giggled. "Are you only saying that because we aren't wearing anything?"

"Not at all." Tech said as he brushed some of her hair behind her ear. "As you know, Jango Fett our template was Mandalorian, and because of that many clones have adopted Mandalorian traits. Most of them I don't really care for but their language is rather something beautiful. An example, you are my cyar'ika and I know that you always will be."

Valerie continued to smile. "I am familiar with Mando'a." She leaned closer to him. "But I wouldn't mind if you kept talking like that."

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum Valerie bal Ni ratiin Kelir." Tech whispered as he also leaned closer to her.

"I love you too." But right before Valerie kissed him she paused. Something wasn't right. She pulled away from him, sitting up in the bed and bringing the blankets up to her chest.

"What is it, Val?" Tech raised an eyebrow.

She didn't respond to him. She looked around the room, seeing the very high light green walls that she is familiar with. The window that was adjacent to the bed had the curtains drawn. "No." She whispered. "This isn't right."

"Valerie, talk to me." Tech carefully grabbed her arm. "What's wrong?"

Valerie pulled away from him and climbed out of the bed. She wrapped the blanket around herself and spun in a circle around the room. "None of this is right." She continued to whisper. "What's going on?"

"Valerie!" Tech called to her but his words started to fade out. She missed him getting up and putting on his boxers. She moved to the window and pulled back the curtains. It was blinding outside. She held her hand up to shield her eyes and that's when she realized that it was so bright out that she couldn't see the outside world.

"Tech, something's wrong." Valerie turned to him as he walked up to her.

"What is it?" He inquired.

"This isn't right." She pointed to the window. "None of this is right."

Tech put his hands on her shoulders. "Relax Val. Why do you think none of this is right?"

"I-I-" She paused and looked out the window again. She knew that something was off but couldn't figure out what exactly it was.

"Focus, take in your surroundings." Tech said. "Do you remember falling asleep?"

"No." Valerie shook her head. "We've been here before, yes, but we weren't here. We... we were on a mission... Eriadu..." She trailed off and looked back out the window. "But that's all I remember. Did we leave?"

"What do you think?"

Valerie looked back at him. "Did we die? Is that why we can't see out into the world?"

"I don't know."

"We can't be dead!" Valerie backed away from him. "What about Omega and the others? We were trying to save Crosshair, what about him?"