Meeting The Batch

"What did I do that was so wrong, Master Kenobi?!" The girl with dark brown, almost black like hair sighed as she walked with Master Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"You know what you did Padawan." Master Kenobi rubbed his chin, walking with the Knight, "Master Amon isn't all too pleased with how Corellia went down." He gave a side glance, trying to gauge the young Jedi's reaction.

"That wasn't my fault!" The girl explained, "and besides I'm not a padawan anymore, but that's not even the Point!" Valerie waved her hands in disbelief. "Commander Rickshaw even thought it was a great idea, and trust me he wouldn't have gone through with it, if it wasn't a good idea!" The girl exclaimed in between breaths.

"Perhaps, but even so, look at how many clone troopers died because of that judgment in error?" Master Kenobi glanced a side eye at her.

"Clones die every day, every battle..." Valerie trailed off, still feeling guilty with all the clones, no the men she got killed. "Even so, why can't Drake see me off with this new clone force I'm being sent off too? He is my master after all."

Master Kenobi stopped in front of the landing pad of their destination and took the young jedi-Knight by her shoulders, "Master Amon is still a little tied up giving his report to the Jedi council," The jedi master paused, "might I also add finding a way to make sure you're not 100% at fault."

A different looking Omicron fighter started descending onto the landing platform. Valerie signed and wrapped her arms around herself, "still Drake could've seen me off himself, I-You can be honest with me, he's mad at me for doing something so foolish." The young girl looked away from the man.

Master Kenobi sighed again, his hands still resting on the girls shoulders, "Valerie, look I will be honest he isn't the happiest right now and he means well and he knows that you're his padawan," he moved one hand under her chin to force her to look at him, "he just needs a little time to process what happened on Corellia. He knows you meant well and that you only wanted to do your best as a knight, but it was in fact not the best judgment in character." He let go of the girl's chin as the door to the modified Omicron opened, "this is only temporary Valerie, until this mess gets sorted out, then you'll be back with the 671st in no time." The jedi master gave an encouraging smile.

The girl looked at him as four different looking clones starting to descend from the Omicron, "are you sure this is temporary? I'm gonna miss Drake, Rickshaw, and all of the 671st. I mean he knows I only have winning the war and everyone's best interest at heart I swear Obi-Wan. I swear."

"General Kenobi!" One of the clones with a red bandana around his head walked up to both jedi with the rest of the crew trailing behind him. "It's been a long time," he said, shaking hands with the Jedi master, "is this the knight that's being assigned to us?" He questioned, none of the clones were wearing their helmets.

Both of the jedi stopped their conversation to look at the clones, "ah yes Hunter, this is Jedi Knight Valerie Ortis." Master Kenobi said as Valerie gave a small bow to them. "She'll be stationed with you guys for a couple rotations. She's a good kid, a little headstrong and stubborn but she has the best interest of her people at heart."

"Hey I'm right here you know," Valerie said, looking at the ground not able to make eye-contact with anyone in the group or Master Kenobi.

"Master Kenobi, how've you been? It's been too long." The biggest clone broke through the crowd, shaking hands with the jedi.

"Wrecker!" Master Kenobi gladly shook hands with the clone, "I'm great, so is Commander Cody as well, getting into trouble he is." He smiled, as 'Wrecker' laughed.

"Well boys, let's introduce ourselves to Jedi Ortis, I'm hunter." 'Hunter' the one with the bandana said,  "this here is Crosshair," the one with the bullseye tattoo nodded towards the girl, toothpick in his mouth. "This here is Tech." The clone with the data pad waved without looking up along with a "how-do-you-do?" Hunter got to the last and biggest clone, "and finally this here is Wrecker, our biggest clone but also the biggest heart." Hunter finished.