Ord Mantell

A youngling with natural wavy dark brown hair sat crisscrossed in the corner away from all the other younglings. She played with the fraying part of her pant leg. She didn't want to be there. She didn't have any friends, none of the other younglings wanted to talk to her. Then a young Togruta, the girl had never seen her before, walked in. The Togruta looked around the room and made eye contact with the girl. She walked over to her and sat down crisscrossed next to her. 

"Hi! I'm Ahsoka. Ahsoka Tano." The Togruta said.

"Um hi." The girl said sheepishly, still playing with her pants.

"Well? What is your name?" Ahsoka asked.

"Valerie Ortis." Valerie said.

"Are you okay Valerie Ortis? You don't seem excited to be here and I don't see why? We are one step closer to becoming padawans!" Ahsoka said excitedly.

"I am excited, I just-I don't know." Valerie said.

"You're alone aren't you?" Ahsoka said and Valerie looked up embarrassed.

"I-uh-no!" Valerie exclaimed.

Ahsoka chuckled. "It's alright. I'll be your friend." She held out her hand. Valerie nodded and took her hand and shook it back.

"Younglings, listen and gather you shall." Master Yoda walked in. All the younglings in the room gathered around the tiny jedi master. Yoda chucked. "Sit. You must." The padawans sat down and Ahsoka made sure to sit next to Valerie. Master Yoda pulled out his lightsaber and used the force and held it up. The younglings looked up in awe. "Younglings. Our weapons, our lives they are. Understand the importance of them we must." Master Yoda continued on with his lesson while all the younglings listened in awe.

After the lesson Valerie was on her way to force training when Ahsoka caught up to her. "Hey! Where you off too?"

"Force training. Today is my long day of jedi training." Valerie said.

"Cool, mine was yesterday. I'm free for pretty much the rest of the afternoon. Maybe I'll join you in force training."

"Join me? Ahsoka you don't have too." Valerie said.

"It's alright I want to, with my new friend." Ahsoka nudged Valerie and she smiled back at Ahsoka and together the two of them made their way to force training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie woke up, she was still laying on her side. It wasn't a nightmare she had for once but instead a memory of an old friend.

Ahsoka.

Valerie sat up and rubbed her eyes, it made her sad, thinking about her friend. She stood up, hooked her lightsaber on her belt and made her way out of the room. The ship was quiet, everyone must be resting, Valerie thought. She walked up to the pilot seat expecting Tech to be there but it wasn't. It was Echo. He turned and looked up at her.

"Nightmares?" He asked her. "Tech isn't here."

Valerie sat down in the chair next to him and looked out at the galaxy. "Tech? What does he have to do with us being here?" Valerie lifted an eyebrow, "and surprisingly no nightmares this time." She said.

Echo chuckled, "you know he went almost insane trying to find you. He spent many sleepless nights finding a way to reach you. We had to force him to sleep some nights."

"Tech did that for me? Why?"

"I don't know. He cares about you a lot."

"He cares about me? I don't know why I thought he didn't really care for me like that. I mean I care about him and all of you guys."