Confessions

Don't let her walk away. Tech thought to himself.

You'll lose her for good if you let her walk away.

Tech turned his head and watched Valerie walk away.

He took a deep breath and went after her. He grabbed her hand and she turned to look at him. "Tech?" She questioned. Tech didn't say anything, he just pulled her into a hug and wrapped his arms tight around her. It caught her off guard but she quickly wrapped her arms around him. No longer keeping her tears at bay. "I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

"I'm not going to leave you Valerie. I will never leave you." He whispered into her ear, she just hugged him tighter. "I don't hate you."

"You have every right to be." She whispered.

Tech leaned back and placed his gently put his hands on her cheeks, keeping her looking at him. "Valerie, I love you." He took a deep breath. "From the first moment I met you I loved you, even if I didn't know it yet, but I love how you took an interest in me like no one has ever done before. I love how you laugh with me, and I love how you're not afraid to laugh at some of the silly mistakes everyone makes, including your own. You are the most courageous jedi I've met. You are more selfless than the senators on Coruscant and more loving than the Twi'leks on Ryloth. You are more beautiful than the starry nights of Naboo and you shine brighter than the shining suns on Tatooine. You have more spirit than the crashing waters on Kamino and you have more fire in you than the flames on Dathomir. What I'm trying to say, Valerie is there isn't a part of you I don't love, every new thing I learn about you just makes me fall harder for you. All those times when you weren't with me I have been lost. When you were dying in my arms, that was a pain I have never felt before and I don't ever want to feel a pain like that ever again. I will never hate you, because I could never hate you. I love all of you Valerie and I always will."

All Valerie could do was look at him, he left her speechless. "I-I-" Valerie couldn't find the words.

"Please say something." Tech said and Valerie just looked at him, her eyes continued to water but she pressed herself into Tech and kissed him hard, she couldn't remember the last time she kissed him but she wanted him. Tech wasted no time, kissing her back. The two of them broke apart.

"What I wanted to tell you is nothing compared to what you told me." She looked down.

Tech rested his forehead against hers, "what do you want to say?"

Valerie looked up at him, "I love you too Tech. I wanted to tell you for so long and I don't have the words like you do to describe my love I carry for you but I loved getting to know all of you, your genius and the quirks you carry. Those times you refused my help just drove me crazy because I wanted nothing more than to be close to you. The first time I realized my feelings we were on Skako Minor when you cleaned and cared for my wounds. I knew at that moment I was in trouble because I was ready to risk everything I've known to be yours, but Tech I think I cared about you along before that realization. Every time I was near you after that my heart would skip beats and every time you held me I wanted to just melt away in your arms. Each time we kiss now just makes me crazier and crazier for you. I know I'm impulsive and head-strong but you are what keeps me grounded, I should have never left you. I love you Tech."

Tech caressed her face again, wiping her tears. He kissed her again and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She wished the two of them could stay like this forever. In each other's arms.

"Valerie?" The two of them pulled away from each other and Valerie looked over and saw Eloise.

"Eloise?" Valerie questioned.

"You're alright!" She said, Valerie let go of Tech and she ran over and gave Valerie a hug.

"I'm working on it." Valerie hugged her back.