Pabu

"Thanks for the pickup." Phee said, she kicked her feet up.

"Yea, well we were in the area." Hunter said.

Valerie was sitting across from Phee, she tried to keep her focus on anything but the other woman but she was curious about the artifact in her hand.

"Where you heading next? Any plans?" Phee asked Hunter.

Hunter looked at the others. "You're looking at it."

Phee sat up, dropping her feet. "In that case, you all are coming with me." She got up and walked over to Tech, putting a hand on his shoulder. Valerie leaned forward, giving Phee the dirtiest of looks behind her back. "Head to these coordinates, brown eyes."

"Oh good, taking us to where you pirates like to loiter." Valerie said. Hunter picked up her tone, wondering what had her all riled up.

"Valerie?" Hunter questioned.

Phee turned and laughed. "It's alright, you'll see where we like to loiter."

Valerie rolled her eyes and got up. "I'm going to meditate." She walked away to the back of the ship and sat criss-crossed, she relaxed and tried to focus her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie felt peace, a peace she hasn't felt in a long time. She heard the laughing of children. Valerie overlooked the ledge she was standing at and saw a beautiful village surrounded by water. The breeze felt nice against her face.

"You wanna take it out and watch the sunset?" Valerie turned at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, she saw Omega talking to a girl her age. Valerie turned back to the water, she felt danger. She turned back to the girls and saw they were gone.

"Omega?" Valerie called out.

"Val! We're not gonna make it!" She heard Omega scream.

"Omega!" Valerie turned and saw she was standing in the ocean except there was no water. Sea creatures jumping around her. "I'm coming!"

Valerie found herself closing her eyes, and she had her hands out. Water surrounded them and Valerie was using all her strength. Valerie started screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie leaned forward panting, almost as if she was gasping for air. Like she had been underwater.

"Are you alright?" Phee asked.

Valerie looked at her and nodded, still heavily breathing.

"Right..." Phee said. "Listen, we're almost there."

"Okay." Valerie said and stood up.

Tech got the Marauder landed, Phee led them off the ship and Valerie looked around, starstruck. She didn't know this place but there was something about it that was just so... peaceful.

"Welcome to Pabu, my home away from home." Phee said, waving her hands. "It's a hidden sanctuary of sorts." Valerie looked up at the giant tree in front of them. "That's the archium. It's where the artifact will be stored. It holds treasures from all over the galaxy."

Valerie wandered a little ways past the group. She made her way towards the tree. She was looking around Pabu, taking in everything. Especially the peace this place holds, but something felt familiar. In the distance she could hear the others talking.

"My analysis indicates that this so-called artifact you recovered is of very little to no monetary value." Tech said.

"Treasure can mean many things." Phee said. "Most of the villagers on Pabu are refugees. Many of the items I recover are remnants of their culture, and that's worth preserving." Phee walked over to Valerie, placing a hand on her shoulder. Valerie looked at her. "This is where a pirate like me likes to loiter."