Home

"Master! He's going to die! We can't lose our medic!" A girl called out to her master. He came running forward. She had her hands pressed into his shoulder, his blood covering her lower arms. "I don't have the supplies to fix this, we need to get him to the Venator."

"I-I'll be alright." The clone coughed.

"Move over Valerie." The Twi'lek demanded. Valerie paused.

"But Drake, that's going to use all of your energy, are you sure?" Valerie questioned.

"Do you want Ginkgo to die?" He asked. Valerie didn't say anything but scooted aside. She placed the clone's head in her lap and Drake kneeled down. He moved the cloth aside and rested his hands on his wound. He closed his eyes, Valerie watched on. "I am one with the force and the force is with me." He kept whispering over and over. She looked down at Ginkgo and saw the color starting to return to his face. 

Ginkgo groaned. "I'm alright, generals." Drake lifted his hands and Valerie helped him sit up.

"Drake?" Valerie looked over to her master and saw how exhausted he looked, his green skin pale. Valerie moved next to him and let him lean on her shoulder. "You didn't have to use all of your energy."

"She's right." Ginkgo added.

"No matter how much or how little I use, a power like this always leads to exhaustion. Be weary little one on how you use a power like this. Constantly using it will kill you in the end." He let out a breath.

"Aren't you afraid it's going to kill you?" Valerie asked.

"If it means saving you in the end. I wouldn't hesitate." He answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie opened her eyes. She smelt the early morning of Kashyyyk's air. Yanna was kind enough to let them spend one more night before leaving. She looked at the cot across from her and saw Omega still sleeping. Valerie stood up and grabbed her lightsaber that was resting on the table next to her. She exited the hut and took a deep breath in. The damp air surrounded the village. She looked around and didn't see her boys or any Wookiees. They all still must be asleep, she thought. She went walking down a path, the trees towering over her. 

After some time walking through the woods, Valerie came up to a ledge, she looked out and saw mountains and trees covering the planet. "Beautiful." She whispered. She climbed a nearby tree and sat down overlooking the view, her feet dangling. She felt peace here. The breeze blowing some hair into her face.

"Care for some company?" She looked down and saw Tech, helmetless, staring up at her. She nodded and Tech quickly and carefully climbed the tree. He sat next to her and Valerie rested her hands on the thick branch they were sitting on. "Are you okay?"

Valerie nodded, still staring at the mountains. "I am actually, I was just clearing my head. There's peace here this morning."

Tech paused for a moment. "You told Yanna that you wanted to find your own home, is that what you want?"

"I don't have a home, a place, not anymore. It used to be the temple but now..." She trailed off.

"Where would you like your home to be?"

Valerie carefully took Tech's hand and rubbed her thumb across the back of his hand. She rested her head on his shoulder, thinking of her answer. "My home is with you. No matter where we end up, as long as we are together. I am home."

Tech rested his head on top of her head. "Then I guess we just have to find the perfect spot to rest then." Valerie smiled and nuzzled closer to him. She didn't answer him, she just kept rubbing her thumb across the back of his hand, taking in the landscape of Kashyyyk.