𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

"the best love is the kind that awakens the soul, and makes us reach for more. that, plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. and that's what you've given me."
- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 , 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟒.

--

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 , 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐀 𝟐𝟎𝟑𝟗 (𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄)

never in a million years did I ever think that me and y/n would ever last this long.

I mean, we're opposites. and it's always been difficult.

but we've been together since 2024. and I couldn't ever ask for anyone better.

she started off as someone I could use to get my mind off of annabeth.

then, she started bringing me peace. started giving me butterflies every time she came around. and at those little moments was when I knew that she was more than just a rebound. she was someone I wanted to spend my entire life with.

(𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒)

annabeth had just broken up with me. and my bestfriend, y/n was comforting me as I was crying.

no one else had ever saw me crying before, but as for y/n, it was almost an everyday thing.

and she'd always had been there for me.

she pulls me into her side, letting me cry in her shoulder, "it's okay, Percy."

it in fact did not feel okay. I loved annabeth with every little piece of me, but apparently she needed more.

y/n is the only person I feel like would never ever judge me because I'm crying. as for everyone else, they have a stereotype as to 'if a boy cries, he's weak.'

she's never thought that way about me, she actually thinks the exact opposite.

I was shaking and my voice was trembling, "you see me cry almost everyday now.. I hope you don't start to think I'm weak."

I didn't see it, but I felt it. she shook her head 'no'

"I'd never think you're weak for having emotions, Percy. everyone cries, and everyone has their moments where they feel small. that's okay."

at her words, I calm down a bit more. knowing that even if the whole world was against me, I'd still have someone who isn't.

-
(2 MONTH TIMESKIP ??) y/n y/l/n.

for the last past month, Percy has been moping around. it's very apparent that his breakup with annabeth had took a huge toll on him, and he's been crying nonstop.

I just wish he'd realize that I've always been here. and I'd never break his heart.

maybe he's just oblivious to what I feel about him, but I've thought I made it obvious. before him and annabeth even knew each other, I'd always have heart eyes for Percy.

but today he seemed to have gotten better, and he was very cheery for some reason.

"hi y/n!" Percy says with a smile on his face as he basically skips toward me.

I return the smile, "hey Percy. you seem weirdly happy today."

he only nods, "I think I've figure it out."

"figured .. what out?" I asked him.

"I've figured out why i feel this way toward a certain girl." Percy says as he starts walking. I obviously follow, wanting to hear more about this 'certain girl'

once we sit down in the grass on a nice, cozy, quiet place. he starts talking. "so, there's this girl right. she's been like my close friend for forever. and she's always knew how to make me feel better, and how to make me feel things I'd never felt before. I tried to ignore the feeling, as I felt as though she'd never like me." he says, glancing at me every once in a while.

"wow. she seems nice.. what does she look like?" I question, trying to seem as happy for Percy as I can be.

"well, she has y/h/c hair, a very pretty voice, y/e/c, and she's always very happy for some weird reason." he nods.

I smile a small amount, "if I were being dumb, I'd say that this person sounds a lot like me."

"what if I said she was you? would that make me dumb too?" he jokes.

I smile off into the horizon. it took me a while to realize what he was saying, but when I did, my eyes widened and I looked toward him, "really?"

the smile he had on his face never left, "yeah. I didn't realize until now. and it's okay if you don't like me back, I wouldn't have expected it either-"

I cut off his next few words by pulling him into a hug.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner." I say as I pull away from the hug.

"so.. what does this mean for us?" Percy asks awkwardly, I could tell he hadn't been in this situation a lot.

"whatever you want it to mean." I shrug.

"well.. I want it to mean this." he leans in and our lips connect (SO WEIRD WRITING THIS)).

--

CIRCA 2039, PERCY JACKSON.

"yeah, and that's how me and your moms story went." I smile toward the two children who sat before me.

the youngest one who's 1, starts clapping and giggling.

"I want to hear it again!" our 4 year old daughter said as she practically cheers.

-

875 WORDS,

I hate school so so much 😞.