Part 62 - Baked II

CONTENT WARNING: Weed Consumption

__________

"That's a tablespoon, isn't it?" Red questioned.

"Nah, that's a 'T.' 'T' for teaspoon."

"But there's a 'T' in tablespoon, too."

Bakugou frowned at the big 'T' on the instrument in his hand. Was she right? He couldn't remember. Several seconds passed, enough that he probably should've responded, but all he could do was stare at the metal tool. "Shit. I don't fuckin' know."

With the cake now cooling on the stovetop, Red and Bakugou were trying desperately to remember how to make frosting. It was a good twenty minutes that they stood at the counter, unsure of what to do, neither of them remembering that Google existed.

"Powdered sugar," Red blurted.

"No, there's cups of powdered sugar in frosting. Not a teaspoon."

"That's a tablespoon."

"What?"

From the dining table, Whirlwind leaned over to whisper to Eijirou with a stifled laugh, "I don't think he knows he's stoned yet."

"Why are we whispering?"

"Hey! I'm not stoned yet. Why don't you two boneheads make the frosting, huh?" Bakugou snapped, gesturing to them with what was definitely a tablespoon.

Red raised her eyebrows up at Bakugou. "You're not? I am."

He blinked down at her. "...Maybe a little, but who cares? It's just frosting. We need a teaspoon of—"

"That's a tablespoon."

"That's what I said. This is what we need. Where's the vanilla?"

Red shrugged. "I don't live here."

"Kats, I think a tablespoon of vanilla is too much," Tink called from the table. "I think Red is right."

"This is a teaspoon!" He snapped back.

His fiance rolled her eyes and slumped back in her chair, a long sigh pulling her deeper into that warm daze. "Whatever. Vanilla frosting's good too. Your move, Eijirou."

Their card game was left long abandoned in the living room, but now Red Riot and Whirlwind were playing Guess Who— a makeshift version with their hero friends' photos replacing the original characters. The two of them made it years ago, but it was still one of their go-to games, especially when one or both of them were impaired.

Kirishima rested his cast on the table and peered at the remaining heroes on his board. "Does your hero... have piercings?"

"Nope."

Eijirou flipped down Midoriya's photo.

Tink leaned over to look at his board. "Hey, Izuku's got piercings."

"He does—? Hey, stop lookin' at my board!" He shooed her away with his good hand. "No chance he's got a piercing. You're fucking with me."

She scratched her head. "Doesn't he? I thought we took him to that parlor on his birthday."

"He got a tattoo, not a piercing. I paid for it, remember?"

Red peeked around the kitchen pillar, her eyes wide with excitement. "Deku has a tattoo?"

Too baked to think rationally, Kirishima's mouth tugged into a jealous frown. "I have a tattoo," he mumbled to himself. "...Cooler than his tattoo."