Part 43 - Criminals

"You guys rent out an entire bar?"

"Midoriya saved the place from getting destroyed a few years back, so the owner lets us hang out there once a month without other customers there." Kirishima climbed out of the taxi and extended his hand to Red to help her out. "Means we don't have to cover our faces to avoid getting recognized."

Once she exited, Kirishima closed the car door behind her and gave a friendly goodbye to the driver before it drove off into the night. When he turned back to Red, he looked like a kid at Disneyland, barely able to contain his excitement. He'd been waiting for this since the day he met her.

"Man, they're gonna love you, I just know it!" He gushed, pulling her close by her waist and guiding her towards the front door. "Midoriya especially. Cipher said he can't wait to meet you."

Red stopped in her tracks and looked up at Eijirou with wide eyes. "Wait, he's here? In the bar?"

"He should be. He promised he'd be here this month."

Panic swirled in her chest. She knew the number one hero was the one who snagged them the monthly deal with the owner, but she didn't think he would actually be here. Her cheeks flushed and she clasped her hands to her chest. "Oh, Eijirou, I don't think I can do this. I mean, he's— he's—"

"Aw, c'mon angel, he's gonna adore you. He'll probably talk your ear off about how cool he thinks your quirk is."

"It's not about that! He's the number one. That's..." She rubbed at her cheeks anxiously. How was she supposed to tell Kirishima that she used to collect figurines of the guy? Deku was an idol of hers for years. She wasn't mentally prepared to actually meet him, let alone have a full conversation. "Maybe it's better that I go home—"

"Nice try, but no." Eijirou snatched her by the waist again while she struggled against him.

"Eijirou, I can't! It's Deku!" She pushed against his chest to try and get away, but he was much too strong, already pulling her towards the entrance.

He rolled his eyes. "What're you so worried about? Trust me, once you meet him you won't be nervous. He's a huge nerd."

"I can't!" She whined, burying her face in her hands. "What if I embarrass myself in front of him?"

Kirishima stopped fighting her but couldn't stop himself from laughing loudly at how ridiculous the situation was. He grew up with the guy; it was difficult to imagine being nervous around Izuku. 

"He's a huge softie, Red, I promise," he managed to say between laughs.

"Stop laughing."

"Sorry, sorry. Is this really just 'cause you're a fan, or is it something else?" He pried her hands away from her face to peek at her with an apologetic smile.

"I... I spent so much of my life in the Underground, Eijirou. Most heroes really don't like us." She crossed her arms over her chest apprehensively and pursed her lips. "I don't think I could take it if he felt that way too. I have this idea of him in my head that I don't want ruined, and... if he says something bad about my people, I don't think I could get past it."

Ah. Kirishima bit his lip for a second before ushering her over to one of the street benches to sit.

"Y'know, Midoriya was contacted about the Red Raid because of his involvement with the Underground."

Y/N looked at him hesitantly. "Really?"

"Mhm. He's been working to bridge the gap between heroes and the Underground for years. Ray is actually one of his contacts."