Part 19 - Expectations

CONTENT WARNING: conversations about sex

_________________________________________________

Red was in a bit of a panic.

What had gotten into her? Hadn't she just finished telling herself that it was dangerous to let him win? But then he was right in front of her, shooting her those stupid puppy dog eyes and manhandling her onto the stupid counter and kissing her stupid. Stupid Kirishima. Stupid.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just a lil smoke," he tried to reassure. When Y/N didn't look up from biting her fingernails in worry, he stepped closer to her and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Sorry if I... broke your rules. If working with heroes isn't allowed, kissing 'em probably isn't either," he mumbled with a blush.

Stupid, sweet Kirishima.

"No, it's alright," she said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm."

"Then... can I do it again?" He took another step closer with a grin and yanked her close by her waist, lowering his face to hers–

"W-wait!" She croaked, pressing a finger against his lips to stop him. He stared at her patiently. "We... we should probably talk about this first."

~~~

"Eijirou, this is way too much food."

"Trust me, it's not."

Kirishima had taken it upon himself to order enough food for an army, and it was now spread out on the coffee table in her living room like a meal fit for a king. He'd somehow gotten it delivered in ten minutes, too– who the hell was this guy?

He knelt in front of it and handed her a pair of chopsticks. "You better get your fill before I eat it all, little lady."

She stifled a laugh and joined him on the floor. Normally she'd be worried about getting food on her lovely rug, but if it was Kirishima, maybe it wasn't such a big deal. Not if he was spoiling her with such a fancy dinner.

"Sorry I ruined the salmon," she sighed. "I'm not half bad at cooking, I just got...distracted." To avoid talking about it more, she grabbed one of the takeout boxes to begin eating.

He scoffed at her between bites. "Don't apologize. I'm the one who couldn't keep my hands to myself."

Red was going to respond, but then realized how much of the food Kirishima already devoured. Almost a third of it was gone already. "Wow. You weren't kidding."

"We haven't eaten since breakfast!" He protested through a mouthful. "I've usually crushed twice this amount by this time of day. Plus, today was a killer workout."

A shred of guilt tugged at Red's chest. It was her fault that today was so exhausting, and her fault that he hadn't eaten enough. She made a mental note to spoil him with something delicious next time he was over.

When would that be? He would go home tonight, and then would he come back tomorrow? No, he probably needed to rest. When he was ready to start the tattoo, he'd let her know, but she didn't want to push him. Not when he'd already done so much for her.

"Are you feeling alright?" Red asked gently. "You had to fight quite a few people today. Did it... did it hurt?"

Kirishima waved his hand dismissively. "What, those guys? They were twigs. Could've snapped 'em in half."

"Not the man with the quirk," Y/N argued.

"True, but I had someone come to my rescue, didn't I?" He grinned, but then the smile fell as quickly as it came. "Oh, speaking of which– never do that shit again. That was super dangerous, you could've gotten hurt."