15

Unknown place

While the others were learning about an invasion, Minerva woke up in a pitch-black void. She knew that she was dead but had no idea why she was there or where she was. She looked around but there wasn't really anything to see. She closed her eyes as she thought of what happened. She had sacrificed her life so that Clark would live and she didn't regret it. However, she didn't feel like this was the end of her story. 

"Hello, Minerva." A woman spoke from behind her. Minerva turned quickly looking alert. She glanced at a woman who looked eerily like her except her eyes were blue. "Do not be alarmed," the woman spoke. "I am Athena." 

Minerva exhaled loudly "the goddess of war." 

"Yes," Athena spoke. "You have proven yourself worthy when you sacrificed yourself for your love. It is time for you to go back." 

Minerva looked confused "but I am dead." 

"Yes," Athena spoke again. "As am I. However, there is a way that we can both live again." Minerva studied Athena as she continued to speak "however, first I must tell you a story and then you may decide if you wish to take my deal." Minerva nodded as she agreed to listen to the goddess that stood in front of her. 

***********

Gotham - Bat Cave

Diana and Clark walked up behind Bruce who was fixing his plane. Bruce felt them walking behind him. Bruce turned and looked at them "there's an attack coming." 

Clark and Diana looked at each other as Diana nodded "not coming, it's already here." They all walked into the building as Diana continued to speak "from what we've learned there are beings from another universe. They serve a dark power. An old power." 

"What do they want?" 

"What anyone wants," Clark spoke for the first time. "Power." 

Diana nodded "they came here once before, long ago." 

"A great armada appeared in the sky, laying waste to all who opposed it. The leader of the invaders was a being called Darkseid. A name cursed and feared in every universe. Darkseid was met in battle by Earth's defenders. The old gods,"

The gods stood on a battlefield. Athena readied her spear and shield, Ares placed his helmet on his head and held his axe. Zeus prepared lightning, Artemis and Apollo both readied their bows and glowed in silver and gold respectively. Poseidon carried his trident as they turned to face the armada.

"Men," 

An army of human men stood next to the gods as they sat on horses and stared at the armada.

"Atlanteans before their descent into the sea..." 

On ships in the sea, the Atlanteans stood as they waited for orders with tridents.

"Amazons before their betrayal and enslavement,"

The Amazons led by their queen moved over the hill and into position next to the gods and men staring at the Armada in the sky. 

"and guardians from the stars." 

Green lanterns and Kryptonians hovered in the air as they waited for the armada to make the first move.

"Their histories taught them not to trust each other, and not to hope for an alliance. To fight apart." 

They all stared as Darkseid himself jumped from the ship to land on the ground. He held his staff and slammed it into the ground causing a shockwave and fire to erupt in an elaborate symbol on the ground.