Clark watched as the alien ship sent power into the Earth causing a shock wave that rushed past them knocking everything down. Clark shielded his eyes and when he looked back up Zod was in a suit similar to his but it was pure black. "Where is the codex, Kal?"

"If Krypton lives again... what happens to Earth?" 

Zod sighed and answered like it should have been obvious "the foundation has to be built on something. Even your father recognized that." 

It was then that Clark looked around and noticed that everything was destroyed. He then looked down and noticed that the ground was no longer made of dirt and grass no, it was made of skull and bone. Human skull and bone. What really broke his heart was right in front of his feet was a skeleton with a necklace of a pegasus around its neck. Minerva. 

Clark closed his eyes to avoid the sight and then woke up strapped to a table with Zod in front of him. "Your father acquitted himself with honor, Kal." 

Clark stopped struggling as he took in what those words meant "you killed him?" 

"I did," Zod didn't even bother trying to hide it. Clark noticed that he was proud of it. "And not a day goes by where it doesn't haunt me." Clark very much doubted that considering this man didn't seem to have any emotions whatsoever. "But if I had to do it again, I would." And there it was. "I have a duty to my people... and I will not allow anyone to prevent me from carrying it out." 

Zod walked away as a new man came in "you're wasting your efforts struggling. The strength from your exposure to the Earth's sun has been neutralized aboard our ship. Here in this environment, you are as weak as a human." He injected Clark with something and as Clark groaned in pain he couldn't help but smile as he realized that they had forgotten one very important thing. They forgot about the fact that he wasn't alone. 

Minerva sneakily walked through the halls of the ship before coming upon a room that had the same symbol as the piece Clark had given her. She walked to it and inserted the piece smiling as it fit perfectly. She pushed it all of the way in. It was quiet for a moment before she sensed someone behind her. A man stood there "I am Kal-El's father." 

Minerva nodded "can you help us?" 

The man looked at her with an expression that read no shit I can help you. "I designed this ship. I can modify it's atmospheric composition to human compatibility. We can stop them. We can send them back to the phantom zone." 

Minerva smiled "how?" 

"I can teach you," Kal's father spoke. "And in turn, you can teach Kal. Will you help me?" Minerva nodded and Kal's father smiled before doing something. Suddenly it became easier for Minerva to breath which meant that Clark would get his strength back. "Retrieve the command key we need to move quickly." Minerva removed the key and walked out of the room. 

At the same time, Clark noticed that his strength was coming back and immediately smiled knowing that Minerva had figured it out. He quickly broke the restraints and rushed out of the room meeting with his father and Minerva. 

Minerva rushed to him and he hugged her before nodding to his father. His father looked at him "you are the bridge between both worlds and actually given that Minerva is an amazon all three worlds. Now go, and save the world." Minerva and Clark smiled before Clark wrapped his arms around Minerva and jumped into space. 

They landed on Earth minutes later before each hearing screaming. Clark looked around hearing that it was his mother. The two warriors took off running and realized they had landed mere miles away from Clark's house. They got there in no time, seeing the damage and Zod standing above Martha. 

Clark launched at him taking him into the middle of the city as Minerva followed. Clark landed on the ground as Minerva caught up to him and kneeled next to him. "are you ok?" 

Clark nodded as Zod looked at Minerva "oh the Amazon. I happen to have a little surprise for you." Minerva looked at him confused. "You ever wonder how I found Clark?" 

"The distress beacon," Minerva spoke as she helped Clark stand up. 

"Yes," Zod spoke "but not just that. A man showed up with powers of war, anger, and a phoenix telling me that we could take out both of our enemies in one go." Minerva's eyes widened suddenly having a really bad feeling that she knew who he was talking about. 

Clark felt Minerva stiffen next to him as she spoke "it's not possible. He hasn't been seen in hundreds of years." 

"And yet," Zod chuckled. "He's here." 

Clark had never seen Minerva so freaked out and worried. It was then that he noticed that Zod's mask was fading. Zod fell again groaning in pain as Clark took advantage. "My parents taught me to hone my senses and focus on one thing but you are hearing all of them and it hurts." 

Minerva smirked understanding what was happening. Zod was then picked up by his ship but Clark and Minerva noticed that there were two of Zod's warriors walking towards them. Minerva turned to Clark and seemed to have shaken out of the worried state she was in. "I'll take the woman, you take him." 

Clark nodded and watched as Minerva closed her eyes and her necklace started to glow before a pegasus appeared behind her in all its glory with its wings spread out and seemed to be rearing. It stayed for a moment before engulfing Minerva and revealing her armor. 

Clark thought she looked stunning, the right mix of intimidating and beautiful, princess and warrior, goddess and human. Together they fought Faora and her companion. Clark through the male into a train which exploded and Minerva called on the spirit of the Pegasus to push Faora back. 

As Faora and General Zod's forces retreated Minerva let her armor disappear and she appeared back in normal clothes. She walked to Clark "this isn't over." 

Clark nodded and looked at where the ship had exited the atmosphere "no it isn't."