Atlantis

After years of waiting the Atlantean Mother Box woke up. Mera and her commander moved slowly over as Steppenwolf appeared out of nowhere. Steppenwolf made short work of the guards as Mera used water to yank Steppenwolf down and slam him to the floor. 

Steppenwolf grabbed Mera and slammed her into the wall before Mera used her water powers again and then was slammed into the ground. Steppenwolf hovered over her before Arthur slammed into the axe protecting Mera. 

He pushed Steppenwolf away and dodged the axe as now both men were weaponless. The battle lasted less than five minutes Steppenwolf grabbed the Mother Box and disappeared. 

***********

Gotham

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Batman stood together on the roof meeting with the chief of police who had lit the bat signal. "Dozens of witnesses all over Gotham. The description matches the ones in the Metropolis abductions." 

"Parademons," both Wonder Woman and Superman spoke. 

Wonder Woman looked at the others "the demons must have caught the scent of a Mother Box. They carried people away to figure out what they know." 

Batman looked at them "so the eight may still be alive." 

"Nine," someone spoke from behind them. All of them turned to see Victor Stone. "The head of STAR Labs was taken tonight." With that, all of the heroes disappeared below Gotham. They all discovered that there might be a nest on Stryker's Island. 

They climbed the stairs being careful and trying not to alert anyone. They came to a platform. Flash looked at them all "is there a plan?" 

Diana looked at them "don't engage alone. We do this together." All of the other heroes nodded. Flash sped across the gap, Wonder Woman leaped across the gap, Superman flew, Batman shot a grappling hook, and Victor jumped as well. 

All five heroes moved slowly into the chamber as they heard Steppenwolf "I grow tired of your silence. Where is the Mother Box?" They heard screams of pain as they watched the torture. 

It was then that Victor saw his dad and leaped into battle. All of the others looked at each other before Diana leaped in as well. Steppenwolf looked at her "Amazon. But not like your sisters. Stronger." 

Steppenwolf went for his axe as Diana leaped at him and used her lasso and shield. Steppenwolf spoke to his army "hold. This one is mine." 

Diana glared at him "I belong to no one." All of the others joined in then. Flash used his speed as Superman and Batman both took out para demons left and right. 

Superman looked to Victor and Barry "get these people out of here." Both Flash and Cyborg got everyone out as Superman blasted the para demon that was attempting to kill Bruce.

Both male heroes then joined to help Diana fight Steppenwolf even if she was holding her own. Diana used her sword and shield but was blasted back. Clark caught her before she could hit the ground or get hurt. Steppenwolf came after both Diana and Clark who fought their butts off before getting slammed into the ground. 

Both immortal beings got up as Bruce unleashed hell on the para demons. Steppenwolf followed Diana and Clark as they landed on the ground. He looked at them "you are one of the protectors from the sky." Clark nodded before Steppenwolf looked at Diana "you have the blood of the old gods in you." 

Diana nodded as she clanged her bracelets together with all of her might releasing a blast of energy that tossed Steppenwolf back and to the ground. Clark and Diana smirked before smiling at each other. Victor and Barry joined Bruce, Diana, and Clark and unleashed hell on Steppenwolf. 

However, throughout all of the fighting they had all forgotten that they were under Gotham Harbor. They only remembered when it started to crack and water started to seep through. It exploded unleashing tons of water. Diana and Clark stared as they saw a human in the water. 

The man stopped in front of the water and used his powers to hold it back. However, it didn't last long as the water had too much power behind it. The heroes managed to get out of there using various methods like Clark flying with Diana. 

When they got back Victor revealed that he had the Mother Box of the men and that his father had used it to keep him alive. Bruce spoke then "a Mother Box can heal in the right hands." 

Barry looked at them "you can't be thinking what I think you're thinking right now." 

Clark and Diana looked at each other before Clark spoke "Bruce, no." 

Bruce sighed "we can bring Lady Pegasus back to life. She other than you Clark might be strong enough." 

Diana sighed "it might work." 

"Yeah," Clark was still sure that this was a monumentally bad idea. "But it could also go wrong and bring Minerva back twisted."  That night, they found themselves digging up Minerva's body which Clark was still vehemently against. 

***********

They brought the body to STAR Labs as Bruce dropped in. Victor cleared the building as they waited and Clark still felt this was a bad idea. 

They walked into the Kryptonian ship and placed Minerva in the water before starting the machine. Arthur and Clark looked at Bruce "this a bad idea." They both nodded to each other in agreement. 

Clark pleaded with Diana one more time. "Diana, stop this." 

"Why?" Diana looked at Clark confused. "Don't you want her back?" 

"Of course I do," Clark spoke like she was crazy. "However, I know that she could come back wrong. If she hurts someone she loves or someone innocent, she will never forgive herself." 

When Victor touched the Mother Box, he got visions of a dead Wonder Woman, a dead Arthur, a dead Superman, and an emotionless Lady Pegasus. As the box dropped into the water, Barry sped to the box and touched it with his electricity powering it. 

The water exploded as people watched stunned and the box fell to the ground awake and alive but that wasn't the only thing that had made it out of there. Lady Pegasus herself rose into the air before landing on the memorial for herself.