It had been months since Minerva died and Clark was basically in a depression. He refused to eat, sleep, or go in the sun meaning he had weakened so much that he couldn't even fly much less stop a bullet. He felt like he had to punish himself for Minerva's death.

He played with the Pegasus necklace around his neck that for some reason hadn't been destroyed when Minerva died and not for the first time in those months questioned why she had done it.

As soon as he had found the necklace on her body, he had vowed never to take it off. It was the only thing he had left of her. Every time he fell asleep, he had nightmares of what had happened with Doomsday. He would wake up in the middle of the night calling for Minerva and begging her to stay with him.

Bruce and Diana tried to help him with his feelings but it didn't work. He just threw himself into their new project which was the Justice League. Although it didn't feel right without Minerva.

Diana was the same way. She was concerned about her brother-in-law but had no room to talk considering she spent a lot of time working out to distract herself.

Along the way, Clark and Diana became confidants. People they could talk to, especially given the fact that they both missed one person. Minerva Prince. 

***********

Themyscira

When Minerva Prince died, Hippolyta could feel it. She felt as her daughter had taken her last breath and cried. That was the only time she had been weak. Now she stood in the chamber with the mother box watching as it vibrated knowing that if Steppenwolf got this box then it was over. 

She and the other Amazons looked away as a beam of light appeared before a monster covered in silver armor appeared as the light died. Hippolyta glared as she recognized Steppenwolf. He looked at the Amazons "I've come to enlighten you to the great darkness. I will bathe in your fear." 

Hippolyta nodded and all of the Amazons protecting the box fired at the demons. Hippolyta jumped into the fight as all of the others rushed at Steppenwolf holding him back. Hippolyta lassoed the box and pulled it to her before running out of the temple. 

She looked back one last time as she watched her people being slaughtered. Her Amaons took a hammer to the supports sacrificing themselves so that Hippolyta could get out. The Amazonian queen stopped outside the building and looked up in horror and sadness as she saw it start to crumble. 

When the cage fell to the water below, Hippolyta let her tears fall. She handed the box to her riders "guard it with your life. Keep it moving." She then took off her helmet as she honored the Amazons who had fallen. It was then that she saw the water and noticed Steppenwolf who had launched himself over her. 

Hippolyta refused to let him win and jumped on her horse taking off after him. Hippolyta caught up with her Amazons as they lassoed  Steppenwolf. Hippolyta fell to the ground as Steppenwolf jumped on them. Steppenwolf looked at her "oh noble queen, why do you fight?" 

Hippolyta was about to speak when she heard a cry "Amazons!" Both demon and Queen turned to see legions of Amazons coming from the hills. However, it was too late Steppenwolf disappeared in a flash of light taking that box with him. 

All the Amazons gathered that night, still mourning the loss of their own. Hippolyta watched as her lieutenant handed her an arrow "the arrow of Artemis. It will reach the lands of man." 

Hippolyta nodded "sky torch, hero beacon, scatter the darkness. Burn as you burned in days before. Show her the darkness before the daylight in history. Warn my daughter that war has come and protect her." Hippolyta grabbed the bow and dipped the arrow in the fire before pulling back and aiming for the sky. "Return to me, Diana." She released the arrow which flew through the air and landed in Artemis's temple before igniting. 

***********

Greece: 

Diana was working on her art when she saw the news that detailed how the Shrine to Artemis and the Shrine of the Amazons had been burning throughout the night. Diana's breath slowed down "invasion." 

Clark had been in Greece since losing Minerva as it felt like he was close to her there. When Diana walked into their shared apartment, she looked terrified "we need to go to the temple." 

Clark looked at her confused "what temple?" 

Diana then showed Clark the news that was playing on repeat "it's from the Amazons. It's a warning of an invasion." Clark nodded and so both headed to the temple where the flame still burned. Clark because he refused to let Minerva's sister do this alone. 

Both walked into the temple where Diana found an Amazonian arrow. Diana created a torch while Clark waited and they both dropped into the temple and walked down the stairs below. Diana found an indent where an arrow would fit which lifted a door in the wall. 

Both Kryptonian and Amazon walked in and moved to stand on the platform as they looked at the carvings on the wall. Diana moved around the room as Clark followed her. Diana came to a stop in front of a painting of a man with orange eyes who was staring straight ahead. 

Clark noticed Diana's breath catch and figured she knew what it meant. He then turned around and it was his turn for his breath to catch. There was another painting, this was one staring straight at the dark monster on the other side. She was in warrior armor with wings on her back and a crown on her head. 

He nudged Diana who turned to look at the painting of the woman as well. He knew the second she saw what he did. The reason Clark's breath had caught was because this woman looked eerily like Minerva.