Meanwhile, Clark was facing the machine in the Indian Ocean. He immediately felt his body weakening from the atmosphere. He flew up to the machine when suddenly metal snakes or monsters came out of it as a self-defense mechanism and chased him. 

One grabbed him and threw him hard to the ground right in the middle of the energy pulse that was destroying the Earth. Clark lay on the ground feeling thousands of pounds of energy pulsing into him. He thought about Minerva and why he was doing this. 

He was doing this so she could live. 

He was doing this so they could be together. 

So, his mom wouldn't die. 

He reached his hand up and slowly stood up absorbing the energy from it. Forcing his body to adapt to Krypton's atmosphere. He had promised Minerva that he would fight with every bone in his body to come back and he would. He was no longer worried he just let everything go. 

He took off straight into the beam and headed for the machine the hard way. When he slammed into it with all of his strength it vaporized destroying the beam and shutting down the machine in Metropolis. 

Clark opened his eyes and took a breath of relief when he saw the yellow sun of Earth and felt his strength returning to him along with his healing. He soaked it in for a second before taking off needing to find Minerva and Zod to end this. 

As he flew back to Metropolis, he saw Zod's ship about to collide with the US Air Force's plane and knew that finding Minerva would have to wait. He just hoped that she had beaten Landon and would find him first. 

He sped up and launched himself through the walls of Zod's ship. He landed with a crash right in front of the psychotic general himself. His eyes glowed red with power as Clark got ready to blast the ship to pieces. 

"No!" Zod yelled. "Stop! If you destroy this ship, you destroy Krypton." The general pleaded with the man of steel. 

Clark's eyes went back to normal as he felt the old desire to go home, to somewhere where he belonged rear its head. But then another desire fought back, the desire to go see his mother, see his soulmate. Neither of them would be alive if he allowed Krypton to live again. 

His love for them overpowered his wish to go back to Krypton. He looked at the General "Krypton had its chance." His eyes lit up again and he lasered the walls of the ship bringing it down and falling into the middle of Metropolis. 

The ship was ripped to shreds. Clark looked up to see the Air Force plane launch into the ship above the city and destroy both the plane and ship. He watched as the bomb on the plane created a black hole that sucked the ship back in. 

He then saw someone land in front of him. He gasped as he saw Minerva still in her armor beaten and bruised but other than that looked perfectly fine. Clark couldn't resist "Minerva?" 

Minerva whipped around and looked at Clark with relief in her eyes. She ran to him and crashed into his body wrapping her arms so tightly around him that if he had been human, he would have broken a couple of ribs. He wasn't complaining because he held her just as tightly. 

He kissed her hair and whispered, "thank god." 

She chuckled and pulled back "I'm alright. Landon is dead and the Phoenix armor is destroyed." 

Clark kissed her and when he pulled back he spoke softly "I know it may be fast but I love you so much." 

"I've waited 5000 years for my soulmate. It's not fast for me." Minerva smiled and looked him in the eyes, "I love you too. 

Clarke's smile widened before both warriors heard movement from the crashed ship. Clark sighed having a guess who it was and turned to look at the ship along with Minerva. Minerva and Clark walked hand in hand to the fallen general. 

He looked up at Clark "look at this," he let the dirt he was holding in his hand go. "We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor. But you chose the humans and the Amazons over us." Clark sighed as he listened to Zod "I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born, and every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people." 

Clark looked at Zod "I admire that General. However, I never lived on Krypton, I have no loyalty to it or its people. Just like you protect your planet, I protect mine. I may be Kryptonian but my planet is Earth. Just like you defend your people, I defend mine. I may be Kryptonian in species but my people are Amazons and humans." Minerva smiled at Clark at his declaration. 

"It doesn't matter," Zod spoke "because now," both warriors could tell that Zod was getting angrier. "Now, I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me." 

Zod blasted forward and knocked Clark back as Minerva backflipped away. Zod advanced "I'm going to make them suffer Kal, these humans and Amazons you've adopted, I will take them all from you one by one." 

Clark grit his teeth and clenched his fist "you're a monster Zod." He flew up into the air and faced Zod "and I'm gonna stop you." They met in the middle and crashed through buildings as Zod got so angry that his laser vision destroyed everything in the building causing it to come down. 

Zod and Clark crashed through building after building before fighting in the street. Zod kicked Clark back then up a building as Clark gained his balance. Zod looked at Clark "there's only one way this ends Kal, either you die or I do." 

Zod headed up the building as Clark flew down colliding before diverting to the top of a building. Zod came at him with a large piece of metal, Clark lasered it in half but got hit with it and knocked back instead.