Clark was nervous that morning. Not just because he was facing the man who was the reason that he didn't have a biological family but because he was bringing along his soulmate, the woman that had come thousands of miles to help him and he was possibly leading her to her death. 

He wasn't sure if he could take losing her as he was already in love with her. Her strength, her wisdom, her personality, all of it. He knew that it was fast but he couldn't help it. She had waited over 5000 years for him and now they both might die. He wasn't too worried about how fast they were going.

As the two of them dressed in their respective clothes, Clark in his Superman gear and Minerva in her regular clothes with her necklace around her neck ready to be called on at any moment. Clark couldn't help but to admire her, suddenly he had the feeling that they could die at any moment so he walked up to her. 

Minerva looked at him in confusion before Clark decided to just take the plunge and placed a hand on her cheek and leaned in allowing their lips to meet. As soon as their lips met it was like a bomb went off, it was perfect. 

All too soon, Clark and Minerva pulled back and smiled at each other before interlocking their hands as they headed to the military to turn themselves in. When they got to the military base, Clark stayed in the air while Minerva stood on the ground. 

The military was stunned as they noticed a man in a blue suit with a red cape in the air along with a woman standing directly under him. Close enough that the man in the air could get to her if need be. 

Clark spoke "I'm here to talk but I won't do it without Minerva." 

The general looked at the woman who was standing calmly under the man. "What do you want?" 

"I'm not your enemy," Clark spoke confidently making Minerva smile and swoon at her boyfriend. Was he her boyfriend? She didn't know. They were soulmates and he had kissed her but they hadn't really had a chance to talk. She scolded herself for thinking about that now in the middle of a tense negotiation. Clark spoke again "you can't control me. You don't and you never will. But that doesn't mean I'm your enemy." 

"Then who is?" The general spoke. "Zod?" 

Clark nodded "that's what I'm worried about. He attempted a coup on my planet and would have won if not for its self-destruction. This man is a military commander of the highest order."

The general looked at him "be that as it may, I've been given orders to turn you over to him." 

Clark and Minerva looked at each other before nodding and Clark spoke "alright."  

They stood in the desert with a military army behind them as each of them heard sonic booms indicating Zod. "He's coming," Clark spoke to Minerva. "You still have time to get behind that army." 

Minerva looked at Clark like he was crazy "I've never hidden from a battle in my life. Plus, you're my soulmate, I can't exactly leave you for dead." Clark smiled at her in relief. He had hoped that she was going to say that. 

They moved so they were standing side by side facing away from the army. They watched as an alien ship landed in front of them before opening up. Clark felt Minerva grab his hand and squeeze whether it was for her comfort or his he didn't know. 

Together, the Amazon and the Kryptonian watched as two figures dressed all in black armor exited the plane down the ramp. One kept moving forward to stand in front of the two superheroes. Her mask slowly lifted showing a woman "Kal-El, I'm subcommander Faora-El, on behalf of General Zod, I extend you his greetings." 

The two warriors entered the ship and Clarke handed Minerva a black piece. Minerva looked at it and noticed the same S shape on it. She looked up at Clark and nodded knowing what this was from his stories. The doors opened and they walked into the throne room or what looked like a throne room. 

A man stood in front of a giant window "Kal-El, you have no idea how long we've been searching for you." 

Clark smirked, "you must be Zod." 

Faora took offense to that "General Zod." Clark rolled his eyes before he collapsed along with Zod. 

Minerva freaked and looked at Faora "what happened?"

Faora sighed "it seems General Zod wants to talk to Kal alone." 

Clark woke up in an empty, dark room. He stood up and noticed that Zod was across from him. Zod looked at him "do you prefer Kal or Clark which is the name they gave you isn't it? I was Krypton's military leader, and your father the foremost scientist. The only thing we agreed on was that Krypton was dying. In return for my efforts to protect our civilization and save our planet, I and my fellow officers were sentenced to the phantom zone." 

Clark looked at him confused having no clue what that even was but Zod didn't give him a chance to speak. "And then the destruction of our world freed us. We were adrift, destined to float among the ruins of our planet until we starved." 

Clark was stunned "how did you find your way to Earth?" 

"We managed to retrofit the phantom projector into a hyperdrive. Your father made a similar modification to the craft that brought you to Earth. And so the instrument of our damnation... became our salvation." 

Clark listened and didn't speak. "We sought out the old colonial outposts looking for signs of life. But all we found was death, cut off from Krypton these outposts withered and died long ago. We salvaged what we could... armor, weapons, even a world engine. For 33 years we prepared until finally, we detected a distress beacon, which you triggered when you accessed the ancient scout ship. You led us here, Kal and now it's within your power to save what remains of your race." 

Clark watched as the room turned into a familiar sight, Earth. He watched an alien ship land. "On Krypton, the genetic template for every being yet to be born is encoded in the registry of citizens. Your father stole the registry's codex and stored it in the capsule that brought you here." 

Clark turned back to Zod not trusting him in the slightest and wondering what he wanted it for. "For what purpose?"  

"So that Krypton can live again," Zod spoke making Clark furrow his eyebrows. Then Zod said something that made Clark's expression change from confusion to horror. "On Earth."