After the fight Minerva and Clark went back to the Kent farm and Clark took the chance to ask a question he had wanted to ask ever since Zod mentioned it. "What was Zod talking about earlier?" 

Minerva looked at both Martha and Clark before sighing. "I thought it wasn't possible since he hasn't been seen in over 300 years." Clark placed his hand in hers comforting her and encouraging her to go on. "You know I'm the daughter of Zeus but what you don't know is that not all of the gods or their children are peaceful. Ares the god of war hated men but loved how bloodthirsty they could get. World War I and World War II were both started by him. My sister Diana or Wonder Woman beat Ares years ago in 1945 which is partly why World War II stopped." 

Clark nodded showing that he was following along as Minerva continued "however Ares had a son, a demigod like me and Diana who holds the opposite of the Pegasus armor. He holds the phoenix armor. One of the most dangerous armors in existence. He is my opposite and can only be beaten by the Pegasus. He's killed hundreds and the phoenix can steal other people's life force." 

Clark finally understood "like Diana beat Ares, now you have to beat his kid. Can he take your life force?" 

"Yeah," Minerva nodded as Clark looked alarmed. "It's harder because the Pegasus protects me but yeah he could take my life force." 

All of a sudden there was a loud boom and Clark paled knowing exactly what it was. Clark turned to Minerva "they are trying to make Earth another Krypton." Minerva's eyes widened before they both nodded and headed out to stop Zod. 

They met the military colonel who spoke into his comms "tell the general I have Lady Pegasus and Superman." Clark and Minerva both smirked at the names as Minerva let her armor appear on her again. 

The general walked to us "so what's the plan?"

Clark and Minerva looked back at the ship that Clark arrived in as Clark pointed to it "that is the plan. This ship is powered by something called a phantom drive. It bends space. Zod's ship uses the same technology, and if we can make the two drives collide with one another.." 

"A singularity can be created." The scientist interrupted making Clark nod. 

"Like a black hole."

"Yes," Clark spoke. "So if we open up this doorway, then theoretically they should be pulled back in."

The scientist looked like he couldn't believe what he was hearing "so you want us to bomb them with that?" 

Clark was about to respond when the colonel spoke "general, that craft maxes out 17,000 pounds, we can drop it from a C-17. It's a viable plan." 

"And if I don't stop that machine over the Indian Ocean the gravity field will continue to expand." 

The general nodded before being interrupted by a static video appearing in the sky. "Minerva Prince or is it Lady Pegasus now? I wondered who the Pegasus was going to see as a match. A demigod, that was unexpected. No matter, I'll just kill you all the same." 

Minerva moved forward and glared at the screen "you can try." Clark smirked but he couldn't hide the fear that he was feeling. Minerva turned to him "you handle the machine over the ocean and I'll handle him." 

Clark nodded and moved closer to her grabbing her hands "please be careful. I can't lose you." 

"And you think I can lose you," Minerva spoke with tears in her eyes. She knew that Clark was heading to a place where he may be weaker and, therefore, easier to beat. "Promise me, you'll fight with every bone in your body to come back to me." 

"Only if you promise me the same." 

"I promise," Minerva nodded as if she would do anything else. 

Clark smiled "then I promise." Clark kissed her with everything that he had not wanting to let go of her. Clark forced himself to pull away before turning around and taking off to the machine in the Indian Ocean. 

Minerva watched him go before unfolding her wings and taking flight to meet the son of Ares and end this. Minerva landed with a thud just outside of Metropolis. She looked to see an empty field before noticing something flying toward her. 

She watched as a man landed in front of her dressed in phoenix armor. He looked at her "hello Minerva." 

She smirked, "you know my name, it's only fair I know yours." 

His mask lifted. "Landon." 

"Landon," she spoke calmly. "We don't have to do this. It says we're opposites but nowhere does it say anything about actually having to fight. We can just live our own lives." 

Landon glared at her "I want to fight. I've always wanted to fight especially when I found out that the owner of the Pegasus was the older sister of the woman who killed my father." 

"You're father was a monster," Minerva spoke to him. 

Landon growled again "your sister took my family from me and now I'm going to take hers from her." With that, his mask came back down and he charged. Minerva sighed having already had a feeling that this was how it was going to end. They ran at each other and met with a mighty crash. 

Pegasus and Phoenix, Red and Blue, Sword and Axe, Good and Evil, Strength and Speed, Fire and Air, and a million other combinations of opposites exploded and met when Minerva's sword clashed with Landon's axe. 

Minerva ripped her sword from his axe and slashed at his leg causing it to bleed. He roared and slashed even harder with his axe. It was times like this when she thanked the horrific training she had gone through as an Amazon. 

She backflipped out of the way and watched as Landon sent a wave of energy at her. She crossed her arms in front of her face and smiled as her gauntlets caught the energy. However, she was distracted and took the second blast. She got up on one knee as Landon spoke "after I kill you, maybe I'll go kill that Kryptonian of yours if Zod hasn't already done it." 

He was taunting her and she was pissed. She looked at Landon "you just made a mistake." She stood up fully as the energy contained in her gauntlets raced down her wrists before connecting with her sword Honor and making it glow a bright red. 

She knew it wouldn't be enough and closed her eyes offering every part of herself, every ounce of power she had, all of the Pegasus spirit into one strike. She thought about her promise to Clark and knew that she had to get back to him. She opened her eyes and her eyes glowed blue as the Pegasus appeared behind her. Now Honor was glowing red and blue with the energy of both the phoenix and the pegasus. 

Landon was too arrogant to notice the sword as they both charged. Minerva blocked his axe and thrust her sword straight into his heart. Landon stopped still, his axe clattered to the ground and his armor disappeared as he stared at Minerva in shock. "How." 

"You made the mistake of underestimating me," Minerva spoke looking him in the eyes. "But you also made the mistake of reminding me who I was fighting for." She pulled Honor out of Landon's chest and watched as he fell. She then watched as the phoenix necklace cracked and disintegrated into dust. 

When you kill the being who holds the spirit and armor you also kill the spirit and destroy the armor. The phoenix armor was gone for good. Now Minerva had to get to Clark.