Chapter 46 - Snare

When I'm in the pit I look around and realise it's devil's snare. Ron and Harry and freaking out as the vines start to wrap tighter and tighter around them.

"Harry you need to relax," Hermione shouts at him.
"I can't these things are gonna kill me," he says.
"If you don't relax they will," Hermione says.
"Well if it's that easy why don't you do it," Ron says, thinking he could get a rise out of her.
"Fine," Hermione says and then falls through.
"Hermione," Ron screams now struggling even more.
"Ron calm down the Snare will take ages to kill you," I tell him.
"That doesn't help Sky," he complains.
"Sorry," I say to Ron.

I notice Harry starting to get more agitated. The snare is much tighter around him then it is around Ron.

"Harry you need to relax," I tell him.
"I can't," he tells me.
"Imagine you're riding you broom," I tell him hoping it will work.

Harry closed his eyes and soon slid through the snare to the ground below.

"Harry!" Ron screamed, "Sky please don't leave me alone up here" he asks.
"Don't worry Ron I won't," I tell him.
"Sky can you hear me?" Hermione shouts from below.
"I can hear you," I tell her.
"You need to relax," Hermione tells me.
"I'm staying with Ron," I tell her.
"Sky don't be stupid I'll get him out," she tells me.
"I'm staying with Ron, so you're going to have to get us both out," I tell her, I can almost hear her eyes roll.
"I'm trying to remember the rhyme but im freaking out," she shouts at me.
"They hate sunlight," I shout down to her.
"Of course," she says, " Lumos Solem," she casts at the Snare and both Ron and I fall through to the corridor below.
"Thank you Hermione," Ron says pleased to be alive.
"You're welcome," she says cocky.
"Now that that's all over," Hermione says, "how are you not dead?!" She turns and shouts at me.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Fluffy should have killed you, yet it let you pet it," Hermione points out.
"I don't know why," I tell her.
"You are an enigma," Harry says he looks as if pieces just slotted into place in his brain, "you're one of the most powerful people in the year but you have no experience in the wizarding world."
"That describes Hermione too," I point out.
"Even if that's true, I swear you read my mind when we first met," he says.
"I think I would know if I was reading minds," I say.
"Maybe you wouldn't," Hermione says, "mind reading isn't really a thing especially not for young students so it would be very easy to convince someone they had spoken out loud because if you pull them up on it they wouldn't consider mind reading".
"But it hasn't happened in a while," I point out.
"It's probably subconscious and you will have gotten to know people better so they will speak more openly with you, there would be no need to hide there opinions."
"Don't be daft," Ron cuts in, "Sky isn't a mind reader."
"I'm not so sure," Hermione says, "even if she isn't there's more," she turns to me, "how about the time the table and chairs appeared in the room."
"Hermione that's just how the room works," I tell her starting to worry she is right and there is something wrong with me.
"It's not Sky," Hermione tells us, "I tried when I was in there on my own once, I can't remember why you weren't with me, but I tried and it didn't work, you were the one that did it not the room."
"As interesting as this is," Harrys says before I get chance to respond, "we really need to get going if we're going to stop Snape."
"I still don't think it's Snape," I say.
"Either way," he says, "lets go."