Chapter 29 - Goodbyes

I wake up the morning of the departures all of my formate's were packing up their trunks obviously getting ready to go home. I get dressed and head out of our room and to the common room where I find Draco lounging on the couch.

"Morning Sky."
"Morning Draco, what are you doing sat here?"
"I was waiting for you I wanted to say good bye before I left."
"But I thought you didn't have to leave till later."
"I don't but I have a couple of things I need you for first."
"Okay..."
"Come on," he says as he gets up off the couch, "I need to show you something."

He sets off out of the common room and up out of the dungeon, we ended up in a part of the castle I had never been in before.

"Remember how I told you I had done some exploring without you, well, I found this, he moves one of the bricks in the wall ever so slightly and a door way opened, "I've been through it, it wasn't much use just takes you to a different random corridor, but I wanted to show you anyway."

I smiled at him, honestly I don't think I've ever seen him so excited about anything before.

"Also," he says reaching into his pocket, "I got you a Christmas present."
"I didn't get you anything though," I say not taking it, "so you keep it."
"It's not a big deal Sky we hadn't discussed it," he puts it into my hand, "you're not allowed to open it till Christmas though."
"Thank you Draco," I give him a hug and he reciprocates momentarily.
"Tell anybody I let you hug me and I'll deny it no one can think I've gone soft."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

A while passed and I went to the main hall to join Ron and Harry whilst Draco headed to the station to go home. We played a mini tournament of wizards, which I won somehow (I'm convinced they let me win). Harry and Ron decided to play another game which I'm watching right now. Hermione comes in with her case.

"Knight to E5" Harry tells the board.
"Queen to E5" Counters Ron.
"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaims, I laugh.
"That's wizard's chess," Ron tells her, "I see you've packed."
"I see you haven't," she retorts.
"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie, he's studying dragons there."

Hermione continues the conversation by telling us that we can help Harry look for information on Nichola Flamell, Ron complains that they've looked loads already, Hermione tells them to look in the restricted section of the library. To be honest I have no clue what they are on about.

"Guys you do realise I have no clue what you are on about right?"
"Sure you do."
"I don't"
"Haven't we told you?"
"I'm guessing not."

Hermione rolls her eyes realising the oversight, the proceed to tell about them finding the three headed dog me and Draco found, how it is called fluffy and they suspect that she is guarding something that used to belong to Nicholas Flammel, and how we need to do research to find out what. Apparently they all had gone and looked a few times already, they are now roping me into it too.

"Happy Christmas" Hermione says before turning to leave, I cringe, I whole heartedly believe only Merry Christmas is acceptable Happy Christmas is just odd. I'm going on a tangent sorry.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her," Ron says quietly so Hermione doesn't hear him, Harry and I nod in agreement.