Chapter 34 - Present

When the students came back after to Christmas needless to say I was very excited. I waited at the train station for them to get off, Hermione got off first and I gave her a hug when I saw her, she seemed excited to be back, she was anxious to see the boys as well so I told her where to find them and she headed off. I waited a short while longer and eventually Draco got off the train I ran over to him ready to give him a hug, but then I remembered he doesn't like them and due to the fact we were in a public area he's probably kill me best friend or not. I took a step back realising how close to him I was and when I see how close Pansy is hovering I take a step back. I walk back to the common room with the returning Slytherin it was going to be a while before tea and we don't have lessons for at least three days but it may even be a week (I wasn't really paying attention). Things seem like they were before they left the Christmas magic completely gone. We go for tea and get ready for bed as usual. I want to give Draco his Christmas present but it's not quite ready yet so I decide to spend a few hours on it after my roommates fall asleep. Eventually it is midnight and I sneak out of our dorm in the hopes that Draco is on the sofa as he often is so late. I'm out of look this time I turn on my heels and start making it back to my room I'm half way up the stair when Draco calls my attention.

"Sky?" He asks.
"Yeah what's up?"
"Are you okay what are you doing out of bed?"
"I was hoping you'd be up, I have your Christmas present and I wanted to give it to you whilst we're alone."
"What is it?" He asks.
"Let me give it to you, I don't want you to open it in front of me because it's not very good but I made it myself."
"I told you not to."
"I know but I wanted to," I give him the map and head back to my room.

I didn't want to experience his reaction to it, I'm actually embarrassed now that I've given it to him, he probably won't even like it, he bought me an expensive necklace, I gave him a paper map. It was definitely a bad choice.