Chapter 26 - Hospital

I wake up my whole body in pain simply wishing to go back to sleep but the bright lights shining into my eyes makes it absolutely impossible.

"Ah Miss Lupin-Black, I'm glad you're awake you've been out for quite a while," I hear a woman's voice.

I look over to where the voice comes from and I don't recognise her. I'm in a strange place, in a foreign bed with a woman I don't know watching my every move. I look to my right where I see some one sat on the chair, but asleep with their head resting on the bed.

"Pinky wake up," I say to my cousin.

She sits up slowly waking up even slower.

"What time is it?"
"I don't know, I've only just woke up, Pinky where am I?"
"You're in the hospital wing, the lady is Madam Pomfrey, she is the school nurse."
"What happened?" I ask as the nurse makes her way over t me.
"You got knocked out by a bludger to the stomach," Madam Pomfrey tells me.
"How long have I been asleep?"
"You've been in a coma for about two weeks, there was a point where we thought you wouldn't wake up," Pinky looks like she's barely slept the whole time I was in a coma.
"Pinky are you okay?"
"Yeah, don't worry, I've just been worried about you and I've nearly slept for about two weeks, but don't worry about me, you're awake now," she smiles at me and does seem genuinely happy that I am okay, "also you've had quite a lot of visitors over over the weeks, I've been here every free minute your friends came to check on you quite a few times, your Gryffindor friends and Draco came every Ay, your roommates and the quidditch teams from the match came by once as well, you're really popular Cub."

I smile at the thought that people bothered enough to come and see me.

"Miss Tonks I think it best you be off now it's tea time, you need to go to the great hall," Madam Pomfrey tells her.

Pinky nods her head, gets up to leave, gives me a quick hugs and leaves the hospital wing leaving me all alone with Madam Pomfrey.

"It's funny you know that you're in here," she stops herself after realising what she said, "sorry I didn't mean it like that, it's just I used to spend a lot of time in here with your father, considering his condition, you know."
"Sorry but no I have absolutely no idea what you are on about."
"Then you should probably talk to him."
"Can't you just tell me?"
"Unfortunately not, now, sit back I need to make an assessment as to whether you are ready to leave the hospital wing, if you work with me and I get it done quick you might just make it in time for tea."

After making her assessments, I get let go from the hospital wing thankfully in time for me to grab food from the great hall. Thank Merlin because I'm starving.