Chapter 37 - Idiot

I run up the hill towards the castle behind him the others following behind me.

"Draco stop!" I shout as he continues to run away from us, "Draco please!"

Draco stops running and stands there waiting for me as I catch up to him.

"Please don't say anything Draco."
"For you I wouldn't, but these three I hold no loyalty to them why would I not snitch on them?"
"Think about it Draco, how did you know they were out of bed? By being out of bed yourself, if you tell somebody you'll face the same punishment, please Draco just leave it alone."
"I hate that you're right."

I smirk at him and we walk back towards the castle, Draco using me as a barrier between Harry, Ron and Hermione. It feels much further going back towards the castle due to the fact that is a steep incline that way. After convincing Draco not to snitch I honestly thought that we were in the clear. What an idiot I am.

"Now can somebody tell me what you all are doing out of bed?" Professor McGonagall confronts all of us as she blocks us in the corridor.
"I promise you professor we have a reason," I tell her.
"Then tell me Miss Lupin-Black."
"Sorry professor but I can't."
"And why can't you?"
"I'm sorry professor I can't tell you that either."
"You know you're not helping yourself don't you?"
"Honestly professor I'm realising that now," I'm smile sheepishly.
"All of you must realise that nothing gives any student the right to be out of bed after hours, as such, all of you shall loose fifty points each and shall serve detention."

We all groan at the thought of detention, I'm starting to wish I'd kept my mouth shut.