15: Felon House

"And one day, there was you."   

⋯ɷ⋯

Author Pov:

"But don't worry, I have a solution." She said, wiping her tears. Solution. What solution? He thought.

"I think we should get divorced."

 He felt the floor sweeping under his feet, living in a society where divorce is considered bad ominent. She was asking for one. Her feelings engulfed her, and that's why her emotions were taking the best of her. She was not in her senses at all. All she was thinking was that she was a burden on everyone. First her parents and now on Ayan. These thoughts were not new. They were taking place from day first. They were eating her like termites from the inside. Today, she breaks down before him when she becomes hollow from the inside. 

But he thought she was crying because of what just happened down there. Truth is not what you can see all the time. He didn't even get a hint about her demons who were scaring her. Not letting go of trusting anyone around her. All they can see is her smiling and happy soul. Cause that's what she shows. She was confident that when someone came to know about her demons, they would neglect her. And she would again be occupied by the dark circle she built around her. So she shouldn't erase that line for anyone in the first place.  

"Inaya, what are you saying? Are you even in your frecking senses?" He shoved her to bring her back to reality. 

"I am, Ayan. I am in my senses.  I am saying right. This is the only solution we have." She was again on the verge of crying.

"SHUT UP! Just Shut Up!! Don't you dare think of divorce again? And what the hell do you think all the time? You guys forced me to get married, and I did. But don't you dare think that this relationship can end like this without my consent? Am I clear to you?" He said with a strident voice. 

"Why are you not understanding, Ayan? We are not right for each other. You like Maira, you can marry her or anyone else....."

"THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM TELLING YOU TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP. DON'T MAKE ME REGRET ANYTHING." He left her with a jerk and lying down on the couch.

"Ayan, I am talking to you." She said, getting annoyed because of him ignoring her.

"I don't want to. And there is nothing to talk about. Now go and sleep. You will get sick again." He was trying his best to be polite, seeing her condition. Or he would have taught her a good lesson.

"Ayan, but.."

"Go, Inaya, go sleep. We will talk later." He said courteously, holding on to his nerves and not to split anything harsh out of his mouth.

She moved away from there and lay down on the bed as there was no sign of positive conservation between them. Slumber took over her in no time due to a heavy dose of medicine. 

But he was wide awake. Sleep was nowhere to be found near him. He was shocked due to her moronic statement. Today, he learned that the girl he used to think sagacious was such a goon.

......

Ayan came back from jogging near 8 in the morning. Inaya was still sleeping. He didn't wake her cause she still needed rest to recover fully. They do have a day gap in the Walima function. In between, she could gain her health back. He came near her and sat beside her. He was staring at her face disorientedly. He was still bombshell by her last night's statement. This wedding indeed happened without their constants. Forcefully. But that doesn't mean they can divorce that easily. This will never happen, especially on such a small thing, without any reason. He won't let it happen. Ever. And It was an unsaid promise he made that day.