02: Older Than You

Inaya Pov:

Inaya Pov:

Right now, I am taking my steps toward the stage. I was too stunned to speak a single word. In no time I was standing in front of the stage with my hand being given into Ayan's hand. I am blank, cause I don't know,  what will future hold for me.

We both were seated on the couch in front of a huge crowd. Anyone who will pay little attention to our faces can tell how forced and annoyed we are with all this happening. The relatives who knew that Ayan was not the one to be seated here, were shocked. But what can we even do about this fate, which is sometimes so unfair?

I gave a little glance at Ayan's face, and it was expressionless. His body was stiff and he was looking like a statue. Good, now this is awkward. He is not the sort of person who stays quiet. But today circumstances had made him like this. He is totally the opposite of Adam.

 By the way, we never had a brief encounter other than the one I remember from childhood, him breaking my doll's neck and never saying sorry. I still didn't forget that. Maybe forgave but forget no chance. I think there is some sort of default with my brain. It always remembers sad and embarrassing moments in detail. When I say detail, I mean DETAILED.

Now everything is wide up and I have said goodbye to my parents. We are moving towards the car. Him standing behind me to help, don't be mistaken, not out of care, just because every single known and unknown relative is standing at the hall entrance to send us off. I sat down in the passenger seat and...BANG. He closes the door. Just like that. Ya Allah! half of my gown is still hanging outside. I hurriedly open the door in case he starts the car. His face is stiff. Not even a single muscle movement can be detected. His aura is scaring me. Cause he is totally out of his character today. But he could have acted nicely.

No, Inaya, you are older than him so no need to get scared. What if he is your husband but still, he is a kid? Hun, kid isn't that too much? No, he is an adult but still younger than me. Yes.

"Ya Allah!"

I yelled as he pulled the sudden break and the car halted.

"What the heck Ayan? Why did you pull the break..." RUDE.

Before I could complete my sentence, he got out of the car. Brat. But where did, he go? Don't tell me he planned to murder me and throw me, on the highway. No, no, no......he can't. Stop thinking stupid stuff Inaya. Nowadays your overthinking is taking over your senses.

After five minutes he came back with a plastic bag and a cigarette in his mouth. What! CIGARETTE! Is he out of his mind? Does he smoke? Does Khala know about this? Ya Allah! He is grown up but still, smoking is injurious to health.

He came towards my side of the door. Why is he coming this way? Right now, he seems nothing less than those handsome psychopaths in K-dramas. WHAT!!! Handsome. Are you sane Inaya? From which angle? Now that's a personal attack. He is handsome, okay at least cute.