01: Shit, We are Doomed

Inaya Pov:

Inaya Pov:

Mama called out my name, I don't know how many times.

"Inaya wakes up it's already noon. You still have to go to the salon for makeup. Today is your wedding. Don't act like a lazy brat today."

This sentence makes me open my eyes wide. Can't she act a bit polite towards me, at least for today? My parents are not that bad, but they think everything they do is for my good. But I am not a kid. I can also decide my own good and bad. Because of this sort of thinking, I am getting married to my cousin, today. Who is five years older than me. We don't have that much of an

age difference, but the thing is, we don't know each other as much as other cousins do.

I was always a shy type of person. My parents were mostly out of the city, which resulted in me being in the house all the time with my caretaker.

Enough about me, let me tell you about my soon-to-be-husband. He is also an introvert like me, but not a shy one, a cold one. And these sorts of species are most chill-giving, exactly we are not in love. Love is a far apart topic, we don't like each other, I think so....

Again, my mom called out my name while removing my wedding dress from the cupboard.

I woke up and now standing in front of the bathroom mirror, and my mind is telling me to act upon my impulsive thoughts. Should I just run away? Cause if they don't care about my feelings, why would I? But this stupid and soft heart would never let me do that. It is bounding me and ranting lectures that they are your parents and must have decided something good for you.

I freshened up and went outside just to find Mama having an irked face.

"Inaya, Ya Allah, can't you move a bit fast? You were inside for the last thirty minutes."

"Mama, why so hurry? The function is in the evening and it's not even afternoon." Ahhhh, can't we have this wedding thing sometime else? I am not in the mood, right now.

"Yes, Bacha, I know that, but it's your wedding day, so we should be prepared for everything ahead. Right?" She said with a smile. And I nodded.

......

Here I am sitting in the bridal room all ready. Waiting for my groom-to-be. Seriously, despite being cousins, I don't have any idea about his personality. Like I was busy with my studies, and I never liked to Mendel in family politics.

What if he has anger issues? Nah, he doesn't seem like an angry bird. So why didn't he come to meet you even once? My inner voice mocked. Don't mind this voice it's going to be a serious issue, throughout. Okay back to the mind talks. But aren't we happy about that? He seems cold but not rude. Hope so I am right about this.

All I know is that he runs his dad's company as the elder heir of the family. He is my Khala's son. I met him a few times before, on some occasions, and he is straightforward. Frankly speaking, I took him as a brotherly figure. Until my family dropped the bomb of this wedding on me. Doesn't this happen in every cousin's marriage?