10: Heartbeat

"You give me the kind of feelings people write about in novels."

⊹ɷ⊹

Ayan's Pov:

Ayan's Pov:

"How is it? Do you like it?

"NO." 

"HUN!"

"I love it."

"Oh, that's good...." Her hug cut me off mid-sentence. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ayan. Thank you so much."

 You are thankful I knew that but I will be thankful if you leave me cause women I can't breathe. My stupid heart is not pumping oxygen anymore. It stopped working. I need to breathe. I need air.....

She backed out of the hug and finally, I could breathe. I need to visit the hospital. This thing start happening more often now. And especially when she is around.

"How did you find this place." She asked with uncontrollable excitement. Her eyes shone with the view in front of her.

"I used to come here for hiking with Adam before going abroad. I am visiting this place after ages now." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

 "Come let's sit." I lead the way by taking my seat on the bench near the height.

"So would you like to tell me why your mood was off the whole day? Especially coming back from your house."

"No..., it wasn't." I caught her off guard. She was hesitating. 

"And you by mistake think that I am stupid. Stop lying and tell the truth."

"It's just that I get emotional. You know visiting my home for the first time after marriage and never knowing when I am going to visit it again. So nothing big."

 She is lying. But I don't want to push her boundaries. If she is not comfortable talking about her family that's fine. Maybe she will open up when she feels comfortable with me or start trusting me. And that's fine. Cause we are not close enough to share each other's secrets and insecurities.

"I don't believe you, that you were sad and emotional over such a small thing."

"What do you mean by a small thing? It would be a small thing for you but a big one for me. I left my home and comfort and everything to settle here with you and your family. Is it a small thing?"

"My bad," I said raising both my hands.

 "I won't say such a thing again. First Maa gave me a long speech on this topic and now you. Not again. Just eat your ice cream so we can head back."

"Yeah, it's a girl thing. You won't understand."

"Yeah, yeah. Now hurry up or I will leave you here."