Chapter 91

DG's opponents in the knockout round would be Team OW-a North American team.
That team had already won the spring and summer tournaments in the North American division that year, and they had been a very strong contender at worlds last year as well. If they won the world championship as well, they would complete a grand slam that year.

Of course, there was also a strong team from the LCK that was in the exact same position.

The competition from the LPL, relatively speaking, was the fiercest. All three of the seeded teams at worlds were extremely powerful. WTG was a strong team with great momentum; they'd won the spring tournament that year, and they'd been the runner-ups at the summer tournament. BLX was an old, seasoned team from their division, and they were the summer champions of the year. Meanwhile, DG was the first team in the LPL to have won the world championship.

Everyone knew about DG's misfortunes that year. First there had been Fish's condition during the spring tournament, and then the incident with Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao during the summer tournament. Whenever the team seemed to build up some momentum, something happened to cause trouble for them. Ultimately, they'd had to duke it out to fight for that third qualifying spot for worlds.

No one could deny they'd struggled.

Now, they were up against a powerhouse team from North America in the knockout stage. Their fans couldn't help but sweat for them. They'd seen the way DG obliterated that wildcard team earlier in the group stage of the tournament, and now they feared an extremely abrupt fate would befall DG as well.

[DG seems to be especially fierce when they go up against teams from other divisions, but I don't know if they can live up to their reputation this time. I'm a bit worried.]

[I'm more worried about BLX. They've won plenty of spring and summer tournaments in the past, but... it's like they strike hard against their compatriots, but mellow out against foreign teams.]

[WTG, chaaarge! DG has already won worlds once. Isn't it our turn, as WTG fans? Doge.jpg]

[I can forget about the last two incidents, but if something happens to DG at this tournament, I'm going to start thinking you guys are playing us! Doge.jpg]

[Can BLX please have a world championship trophy? Can we please? Please please please please please?]

......

Before the match even began, the bullet comments in the livestreaming room were already flooding the screen. Fans from each team in the division were excitedly chatting, because the honor of winning a world championship was an honor the whole division shared. All the reasonable fans of the division came together in harmony during this time, hoping that a team from their own division could go far.

Now wasn't the time to tear each other down. It was a time when they should present a united front.

DG's players took the stage as the host announced their entrance. They gazed at the opposing team, dressed in fiery red uniforms, before all players took their respective seats.

The knockout stage consisted of best-of-five matches. Three points to win.

In these matches, the first team to win a round often got a morale boost that led them to steam through the rest of the matches, winning three in a row to claim victory. However, the team who lost first wouldn't be put under a huge amount of pressure either. They would get a chance to calmly regroup with their coaches and plan out their tactics. Best-of-five matches were long, drawn-out battles that tested each team's ability to remain stable.

Both sides cordially started out by banning each other's favored champions.

Qian Bao's LeBlanc, Lu Zhe's Elise, and Shen Qiao's Renekton were all banned. These bans clearly declared that OW had carefully studied up on Team DG, and they were ready to counter all of DG's tactics.