Chapter 7

Knock knock.

Lu Zhe was having a blast teasing Shen Qiao and that support player from Team BLX. In the corner of his eye, he saw someone's hand knock at the edge of his desk. The sound was muffled through his high-end noise-cancelling headphones. It was a polite signal that someone had something to say to him.

The smile on his lips didn't falter, and he didn't look back before he said, "I'm busy."

Big-Mouthed Zhou stretched his neck out, like a stupid, big-headed goose trying to surreptitiously sneak a peek at the game on Lu Zhe's monitor. Using his excellent sight which tested at a precise 5.3 during every vision exam, he took in the ID of the account Lu Zhe was using. Then his neck shrank back, and he looked Lu Zhe over with a complicated expression.

Five minutes later-

Lu Zhe regrettably watched as the other team forfeited again. He let out a slow breath and started to ponder over how he could provoke Shen Qiao into saying a few more words.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Big-Mouthed Zhou must have been feeling unbearably lonely. This time, he knocked at the corner of Lu Zhe's desk with much more force.

His efforts were finally rewarded with a miserly glare from his team's captain. The captain's irritation and impatience were obvious in the quirk of his lips.

"Please state your business in fifteen words or less," Lu Zhe said.

Big-Mouthed Zhou kept his big mouth shut.

After a while, he could help but blurt out, "Are you a devil or...?"

Lu Zhe smiled slightly and announced, "You have ten words left."

Big-Mouthed Zhou couldn't resist courting disaster. He was standing at the edge of an enticing cliff, and he had no choice but to spread his wings and fly. "Is there a story to your ID?"

Lu Zhe remained unmoved. "Three."

Big-Mouthed Zhou fell silent again.

Lu Zhe's eyes were warm, but Big-Mouthed Zhou could feel the cold blades of wind stirring beneath that warmth. Big-Mouthed Zhou did his best to suppress his instinctive fear and squeezed out his last three words: "I... Shen Qiao..."

Next to them, Qian Bao was doing eye exercises while queuing up for a game. While massaging her temples, she interjected, "Wrong! You... are Big-Mouthed Zhou!"

Big-Mouthed Zhou was rendered speechless.

Lu Zhe also said nothing.

Then he let out a light laugh and primly drummed his fingers against the surface of his desk. He flashed a smile which made him look so handsome that anyone would believe he'd do very well if he switched professions and started working at a nightclub.

To Big-Mouthed Zhou, he said, "Congratulations, Manager Zhou. You have once again successfully lowered my tolerance of you."

Big-Mouthed Zhou started to panic as soon as he heard Lu Zhe call him 'manager' so sincerely. Although he was a beta, who wouldn't be affected by an alpha's pheromones, he still felt stifled by Lu Zhe's smile. It seemed to make the very air around them heavier and denser, pressing down on him until his knees felt weak.

He cleared his throat and carefully met Lu Zhe's gaze. After studying Lu Zhe's reaction for a moment, he said, "The club wants me to try to recruit Shen Qiao."

Hearing that, even Old Wo and Er-Hua pushed aside their headsets, each exposing one ear to listen in-

Every professional player in the LPL knew Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao didn't get along. The reason remained unclear, but their animosity had reached the point where they couldn't stand to hear each other's name. Their reactions were cold or fierce, like Lu Zhe's just now.