Chapter 50

The two of them got up too late. Their breakfast would basically be a brunch. By the time they wandered into their rented gaming room, everyone else was already present. Even Er-Hua and Qian Bao, who loved sleeping in, were already there.
Manager Zhou lifted his gaze to look at the two late arrivals. He passed them the last remaining boxes of milk before turning to Shen Qiao with a look of deep concern.

"Are you feeling a bit better?"

Old Wo, Er-Hua, and Qian Bao were all looking their way as well. They hadn't seen Shen Qiao since they watched Lu Zhe march onto the stage yesterday. As soon as they returned to the hotel from yesterday's match, they'd been dragged into a review session of XHG's games by Coach Fang. After that, Manager Zhou had shooed them back to their rooms like they were a bunch of stray ducks.

As they all took in the sight of Shen Qiao now, Qian Bao spoke first-

"Your skin doesn't look as red as it did yesterday when you got off the stage."

Er-Hua added on, "And you seem to be in better spirits."

Old Wo, visibly concerned, chimed in, "For the safety of our players, I suggest Big-Mouthed Zhou take care of all post-game interviews with omegas from now on."

Manager Zhou was called out so abruptly that he jumped and snapped, "What's your problem?"

As Shen Qiao listened to them chatter, he started to smile. Just a little. "I'm pretty much all better. I can definitely play today."

Qian Bao waved a hand. "Bah, who was asking about whether you could play?"

Old Wo and Er-Hua both nodded. They racked their brains, but neither of them could think of any other heartfelt reassurances to offer. They looked towards Lu Zhe, waiting for him to say something to sum up everyone's feelings.

Lu Zhe smiled as he listened to Shen Qiao and the others. He lifted a hand to pull out a chair for Shen Qiao, then pressed Shen Qiao down into it. After getting Shen Qiao settled, Lu Zhe rifled through the bags of breakfast foods next to them and produced a simply packaged sandwich. He unwrapped it and lifted it towards Shen Qiao as he lightly warned, "It doesn't matter how much better you are. You'll still have to go for another infusion later-doctor's orders."

Shen Qiao had instinctively taken a bite of the sandwich. When he heard Lu Zhe's words, he abruptly stopped chewing.

He lifted a hand to take the sandwich, then lifted his head to meet Lu Zhe's gaze. After chewing mechanically and swallowing the first bite of food, he calmly declared, "I feel fine."

However, someone had a big reaction to those words, and it wasn't Lu Zhe-

Manager Zhou was the one who instantly scuttled over, insinuating himself between Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao. With sincere concern in his voice, he advised, "Wolfy, neglecting your health is absolutely not okay. We already agreed yesterday, you'll get another IV drip today before the game. I've already arranged for a car to pick you up. You're heading out in half an hour."

Old Wo didn't think too deeply about Shen Qiao's reaction. He assumed Shen Qiao just didn't want to waste time at the hospital when he could have been using that time to practice. He instantly said, "Daddy Wolf, don't worry! We already reviewed XHG's games on your behalf yesterday, they won't give us any problems. Er-Hua will do his absolute best to put pressure on the bottom lane today. We'll make sure Daddy Lu has time to make a few extra trips up to the top lane."

Er-Hua gave him a look and laughed. "Today? Do I not usually put pressure on the bottom lane?"

Old Wo chuckled and clapped his hands together. Without the slightest sense of shame, he simply admitted, "You have a point."