Chapter 27

With the arrival of June, Hua City experienced day after day of scorching heat. Even at five in the evening, the sunlight that spilled down between tall buildings was hot enough to make pedestrians melt. There was almost no way to imagine what kind of infernal stove the city would turn into in July and August.
In that sweltering weather, Team DG embarked on the voyage of the summer tournament. The venue was located right there in Hua City. Lu Zhe and the others from DG were familiar with the location, and Shen Qiao-who'd played there with BLX-wasn't a stranger to the place either.

This time, their opponents would be HCG-

A team that had only risen from the Tier 2 league two years ago. Based on their stats and achievements, they were essentially at the bottom of the barrel among the sixteen LPL teams.

Coach Fang had only studied up on the playstyles of the new players who'd joined HCG during the last transfer window, and he didn't bother issuing his own team too many warnings. As long as DG played the way they did during practice matches, there would be no suspense in this round.

Before the game, DG's official Weibo put up a new post to cheer on their players.

Fans left their own messages of encouragement in the comments section.

[DG, go, go, GO!!!]

[Let's start with a small goal. Take the summer tournament crown!]

[Although there were lots of rumors about bad blood between Shen Qiao and our Lu Zhe, once you set foot in DG, you're part of our family! I'll be your fan starting from today! @DG-Wolfy Play well for me!]

[Lu Zhe: As soon as our game begins, your jungle will become my home.]

......

4:10 PM.

Inside the arena's rest area.

Old Wo peered into his thermos to see if his red date and goji berry tea had the right proportion of red dates to goji berries. Er-Hua started doing warm-up exercises for his hands, preparing for the game that was soon to begin.

Shen Qiao checked the time, then got up and started heading out of the lounge.

Lu Zhe was chatting about HCG's stats with Coach Fang and a few of their team's analysts.

"HCG's mid laner is just alright. Definitely not a match for you or Qian Bao. Our bottom laners Old Wo and Er-Hua always give a solid performance, so I'm mostly worried about Shen Qiao. I'm not worried about his strength or ability, but this is his first match since coming to DG. Psychologically..."

Hearing that, Lu Zhe smiled lightly. "I understand what you mean, Coach."

Then, he softly yet firmly continued, "But I can promise you that he definitely won't become DG's weak point. Truth be told, against HCG's top laner, I honestly can't imagine how Qiaoqiao could let us down. Even if he takes Cull as his starting gear, he'll be fine."

Coach Fang was momentarily rendered speechless.

Lu Zhe hastily tacked on one more confidence booster: "Besides, you also have me, right?"

Coach Fang still said nothing.

He gave Lu Zhe a mild look. After a long while, he said, "Right, I wasn't all that worried in the first place. Now that you've said all that, I'm starting to worry the slightest bit more-promise me, there will be no 'nice surprises' in this official game. I want a dull and uninspired victory. Got it?"

A ripple of emotion passed through Lu Zhe's eyes at those words. His delicately curved eyes were like peach blossom petals, tipping down at the inner corners and tipping up at the outer ones. The slightest smile made him look and feel like a springtime breeze.