Chapter 18

Nearby, Qian Bao was just completing some of her assigned streaming hours before the month's end. When she heard Lu Zhe's words, she hastily covered the mic of her headset and shot him a despairing look.
"Captain, I'm streaming here. You tell me. If my viewers ask me for our address to report us to the authorities, what am I supposed to say?"

Old Wo, who was still salty about being denied a serving of huangmen chicken, chimed in at that point: "Don't worry. We'll take the initiative to turn him over to the morality committee. Everyone here is responsible for protesting this lewd dog's behavior."

Lu Zhe shifted his attention away from Shen Qiao and looked at his traitorous teammates. He smiled serenely at them, as though freely admitting that he was indeed Team DG's lewdest and most immoral member.

Er-Hua had just returned from picking up his takeout at the front door. As he passed Qian Bao with a puzzled look on his face, he said:

"I suddenly remembered a rumor I saw on a forum a while back. It was something about you two dissing each other. Something like, 'Obsessed with kills. Lone wolf.'"

"Oh, oh!" Old Wo exclaimed. He seemed to recall the same thing and recited, "'Command's mediocre. Shitty jungler.'"

Er-Hua had recited Lu Zhe's critique of Shen Qiao, and Old Wo had dredged up Shen Qiao's rebuttal about Lu Zhe.

Many fans in the esports circle knew about this mutual exchange of verbal blows. At first, rumors of those condemnations were only spread by the friends of the two parties involved. But then sharp-eyed fans took note of the way Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao interacted whenever they met at various tournaments, and the credibility of those rumors soared. The story spread like wildfire.

By now, at least half the fans in the esports industry were silently convinced that Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao hated each other's guts.

Qian Bao, Er-Hua, and Old Wo now turned to the two implicated parties in unison, all keen to know whether these old rumors were true or false.

Shen Qiao lifted his eyebrows, just a little.

Lu Zhe's smile grew a little wider. He laced his fingers together and folded his hands over one knee, leaning back and relaxing in his black-and-red gaming chair. He began, cheerfully:

"About that..."

......

That was something that had happened during the second term of their first year of high school.

Yun City's First High was hosting a sports competition in the scorching, mid-June heat. The new campus was located by the ocean, but the salty sea breeze that gusted over the running track was still boiling hot. The synthetic track was scorched to the point of releasing a dense, malodorous stench.

Because Lu Zhe staunchly refused to participate in any track and field events, from the dashes to the long jump-

The sports committee ultimately drafted him into the basketball team to even out their numbers.

Lu Zhe was an alpha, anyway. He had been born gifted, with athleticism and physical prowess that placed him at the top of his age group in any sport. As long as he understood the basics of basketball, he would have no problem participating in an intramural competition within his grade.

At first, Lu Zhe was just a substitute who had to show up to make sure his team had enough members. His job was to sit on the bench, where his handsome face was sure to entice spectators to cheer for Class A of the science track. He didn't have to lift a finger as he watched his class win their way into the finals.

Shockingly, the other team that reached the final round was Class C of the humanities track. They had more omegas than any other team in the tournament.