twenty-two

"do you want anything to drink?" asked jack as they made their way to the liquor cabinet.

"um...maybe just water."

"water? youre the one to said to play a drink game." laughed anthony.

"i meant for you guys! im really okay."

"do you smoke?" asked vinnie snd everyone groaned.

"vinnie gets sad that no one wants to smoke with him."

"do you have a cig? ill take one." she said and he nodded.

"take it outside, dont stink up the house." said thomas and vinnie and isabelle walked to the balcony that had a long pool.

"so where see you from?" she asked as he handed her a cigarette.

"seattle. you? you're obviously somewhat southern."

"yea, im from louisiana."

"not surprised. are your folks from there?"

"they were. my dad was second generation french and my mom was french like fresh out of france." she said taking a small hit of her cigarette.

"yea, i miss my parents. it was hard to leave them. my dad love new orleans, he said its really fun."

"my dad loved it too."

"what was his critique? too many tourists?"

"well...both my parents died when i was like 14."

"oh my god..oh my god im so sorry-"

"no! its okay, theyre in a better place. i made it awkward." she said.

"howd they pass if you dont mind me asking?"

"well, my dad had pancreatic cancer and he passed. and they said my mom died of a heart attack but i think it was a broken heart."

"im sure. what were they like?" he asked as he followed her, she dipped her feet into the pool and say on the edge and he did the same.

"amazing. my dad was the kind of guy that id ask him for a fruit and hed take us the tree. and my mom was just...beautiful. inside out. like she was all the good things, all the things."

"thats funny..my mom has always told me like—its her thing to tell me that im all the good things."

"what are your parents like?" she asked.

"my dad is a clown. hes hilarious. like life of the party, down to earth, fucking coolest guy. amazing advice. and my mom is just nurturing, she has the sweetest voice and biggest heart. do you have any siblings?"

"nope. after they passed i moved in with my aunt, but she was like in her early 20s and partying so i was kind of on my own. but thanks to her she got me into modeling."

"do you do runways?"

"sometimes. but not a lot, im not tall enough. im like 5'5 and most models at 6 feet plus."